Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SuaveMofo t1_iw0wj6b wrote

Nuts the amount of climate change deniers on a science focused subreddit. Y'all need to learn to shut your mouths and listen rather saying whatever "feels right" to you.

Kittycreme t1_iw202pq wrote

Exactly! How do they even dare to question it!

−8

SuaveMofo t1_iw2ekjz wrote

Nothing wrong with disputing claims. But you need to be on the same level as the scientists who have spent significant amounts of their lives studying these topics. I guarantee you no layperson, meaning myself, you, or 99.9% of people who comment on this post (even most posts on Reddit or any other social media) are not qualified in the slightest to be disputing it. I was a scientific researcher, and that shit is hard, the majority of people would zone out once things stop being nice cute concepts to explain or overly simplified analogies. It isn't as simple as writing a "gotcha" comment and it shouldn't be; study of climate change is the study of one of the most, if not the most, complex system of variables humans have ever tried to conceptualize.

What I'm getting at is people who aren't actively involved in this, or any other scientific topic, are simply unequipped to present their own opinions as disputes because they have not developed the tools to do so. If you or anyone had, yoy would not be making smartass reddit comments and instead would be publishing your own paper and getting it peer-reviewed.