Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

shellshocktm t1_iyuebnp wrote

How did you fit an entire nebula in your backyard?

careless25 OP t1_iyuel5d wrote

Well... Depends on your definition of a backyard ๐Ÿ˜‚

careless25 OP t1_iyu6vxy wrote

I have been slowly (over 4-5 years) building up the equipment to do more and more astrophotography and this is my latest shot. This was made possible due to recently modifying my camera to have capabilities to capture more of the red light from the nebula. I took about 25 minutes of photos from my backyard (Bortle 5) and stacked them.

Equipment used:

Canon 7d mk ii

Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3

Star watcher star adventurer 2i pro pack

Tripod

Settings:

13s subs

F/8

ISO 3200

250mm

Stacked in DSS and edited in Pixinsight. I can provide more details of the editing/post process if you are interested.

Follow me on ig @careless.25 if you want to see more of this and other photography I do.

Edit: Since you all loved this post so much, I am collecting more data on Orion nebula tonight and will be processing it soon. I will post the results here!

SnooSuggestions2015 t1_iyuej3a wrote

My condolences to Orion Nebulaโ€™s loved ones.. he is at peace ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

careless25 OP t1_iyueswc wrote

The problem is I shot this other guy right besides Orion Nebula but he kept running man.

TetraCubane t1_iyv9ake wrote

What Apple needs to do is develop their iphone cameras to be able to take pics like this.

shlankdaddypurp t1_iyz2k32 wrote

Well it's Samsung developing Apple's cameras so I think I know who would reveal that technology first ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

chinacat2002 t1_iyuagyz wrote

Where must one live to see such a magnificent sky?

careless25 OP t1_iyuaz2u wrote

Well I live in Hamilton, Ontario. It's a city - but not Toronto big. Toronto is an hours drive away.

chinacat2002 t1_iyubqxy wrote

Beautiful photos. Having lived in Metro NYC my entire life, it's a little hard for me to believe that this really exists. Thank you for sharing it.

careless25 OP t1_iyubx0i wrote

I wouldn't be surprised that you would be able to see this with a good pair of binoculars....atleast a very faint outline of it. It's very bright!

Xaqv t1_iyvj8b5 wrote

North of about 35-40 degrees south latitude?

darrellbear t1_iyuc4n0 wrote

You also have the Running Man nebula on the left.

careless25 OP t1_iyuca0m wrote

Oh right! I almost forgot about that ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edit: jokes aside, I was really happy to actually see a running man figure this time around. I have shot this target twice before and the running man was always too dim/not much detail

[deleted] t1_iyv064y wrote

are gases still expanding will they change shape or maybe we cant notice it cuz we live such less life span is it the same for microorganisms when they look up does the time flow different relatively sorry am just a 19yo saying dumb stuff :p . one day in future maybe someone will take the same pic and it will be little different

careless25 OP t1_iyv0bes wrote

Yes.... Scientists are currently studying the changes in the gases by comparing images between Hubble space telescope and the JWST! They are miniscule at these scales but we can learn a lot from them about star formations and more!

Sufficient_Author620 t1_iyxpfbi wrote

Interesting. I rendered Hubble's shot of NGC 1977 using 100% noninvasive UNWUH9 (Remarkable how close your image is to this one. I'll render yours too ( will post here in an hour or so.) ๐Ÿ˜Š well...you don't have image option, so here is Hubble's shot of NGC 1977 using 100% noninvasive UNWUH9 (Universal 9 step Noninvasive, Whole page, Un-isolated, High pass filtering):

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEjpBCdYUUMkcwfUo8TVSNSujKEyH-vbSTgHWzIzaiVVo6chNIejhXyJqnyZpwI93LFhOJFmvDKK6l0ywiksINRqNvO2pXvpJ1UTzVIqIZ2VNInG5C71wywb4LIfVbi4__71ZpXZencDITwKV6v-IKpDUPtfFEqdd9JjhBz7ryaUkE_2paDQL9PERGCodQ=w1584-h1675

careless25 OP t1_iyxujaz wrote

Thanks! But that link doesn't work ๐Ÿ˜ž

Sufficient_Author620 t1_iyxw1v7 wrote

Hmm... Okay, it's about the 10th image down on my blog. https://galactistar.blogspot.com/ You might also find interesting, the =O> Stone artifact I found 4/14/2021. The three seamlessly inlaid quartz =O> symbols are filled with advanced photographically placed images. Link is at the top of the blog.

Hogchain t1_iyyrej8 wrote

Iโ€™m sorry that happened so close to your home! Did they survive?? Cops find shooter yet?

careless25 OP t1_iyyvjf0 wrote

Yeah they are scoping my backyard now. One survived...kept running man. Shooter on the loose, I hear that he's shooting more targets every night.

Sufficient_Author620 t1_j0ehnvf wrote

Wow! great work. I have seen many shots of the Orion Nebula, but yours is excellent.

I discovered, and refined a noninvasive, universal high pass filtering process that reveals clear images of people, vehicles, spacecraft, etc. It's beyond our comprehension, so I just go with it. Some are quite majestic. I rendered this perspective of Orion. Have a look at my increasingly large portfolio blog of images. Orion is partway down the page you'll see it.

Galactic Universal Noninvasive High pass Filtering << should be able to click on link if not then: https://galactistar.blogspot.com/2022/07/this-is-my-secondary-blog-to.html , or just, galactistar.blogspot.com

While your there check out the =O> Stone. (link at top of Galactistar blog) I found the stone April 14th, 2021. It contains macro images on it's 2" x 2" x 1.25" ( inches). Rendering it is how I discovered UNWUH9 (Universal 9 step Noninvasive, Whole page, Un-isolated, High pass filtering).

Be prepared to be blown away! :-)