Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

s1ngular1ty2 t1_j0gkr0h wrote

But we've seen one. We've never seen anything going FTL and we've done countless particle collisions and have seen countless extremely violent things in space with our telescopes that would completely blow your mind.

And nothing we've ever seen points to FTL being possible in the slightest.

We've also never come up with a method of traveling FTL on paper either using our best physics.

FTL is impossible.

−1

AlabamaNerd t1_j0gl0bj wrote

But in 1783 when black holes were theorized, we hadn’t seen one. So, again, your argument is specious.

Plenty of things were theorized before we had any evidence of them. FTL is no different.

s1ngular1ty2 t1_j0gl7f3 wrote

We've never come up with a method for FTL even on paper chief. You are not understanding this important fact.

We have also never seen anything moving FTL, not even the most exotic particles in the TRILLIONS of particle collisions we've done in particle colliders.

−2

igcipd t1_j0gl6r9 wrote

Quantum entanglement has entered the chat.

s1ngular1ty2 t1_j0glcro wrote

No just a person who doesn't understand quantum entanglement because they read bad click bait articles.

You can't use quantum entanglement to send anything FTL. Sorry. This is well understood.

−2

igcipd t1_j0glhn6 wrote

Information is a thing. So yes, you can.

[deleted] t1_j0glwrm wrote

[deleted]

s1ngular1ty2 t1_j0gmi2d wrote

How am I wrong when I've given a link to an actual expert saying you can't use entanglement for FTL communication?

Where is your evidence? Or right, probably some TV show you saw once...

s1ngular1ty2 t1_j0gly2u wrote

Nope you can't even send info FTL. You don't understand this at all.

https://youtu.be/b8Yi5KzfTm0?t=185

Here is a well known expert proving you are wrong and I'm right. Weird...

Look him up on Wikipedia..

You believe you can from bad articles from other people who don't understand these subjects and from TV and movies which get everything wrong.