Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ArboroUrsus t1_j0v58t8 wrote

I feel like you need to explain why this is scary. Because to me, thats just a paragraph.

Dreadnought_Necrosis t1_j0v63xx wrote

Agreed. Like what are the consequences of it decaying and how does that affect us?

Would it mean traveling between planets would be impossible? Would it change the laws of physics? During this decay process Would planets be crushed, or flung around?

Like just telling us the broad strokes of a definition isn't explaining how it interacts with everything as a whole.

specific9 OP t1_j0v6s0l wrote

If it was true it could possibly change everything that we believe about physics or it could change nothing.

−1

specific9 OP t1_j0v5vd6 wrote

OK I will. The false vacuum theory is where the entire universe could be a false vacuum and not a true vacuum. It could be slightly unstable, and if a strong hypernova or supernova that could rupture the false vacuum it could destroy anything and everything around it and it’s just scary.

fallingcave t1_j0v67kp wrote

No use in worrying about something that we Can do nothing about

ArboroUrsus t1_j0v621g wrote

That's pretty cool. Would we know about it? Or would it be an immediate big crunch?

jol72 t1_j0v7lem wrote

It seems that if the universe were that unstable the decay would have already happened. The universe has had A LOT of time for any event to happen.