travelling-through t1_j4cn76n wrote

its the same as the "we are in a simulation" shit

bored people tripping on stuff for fun

Matthayde t1_j4cwq5y wrote

The universe isnt locally real

travelling-through t1_j4d0bop wrote

the universe is only locally real

sirhandstylepenzalot t1_j4d2p8e wrote

I can't remember where but I read a physicist pointing to a definition of multi-verse to basically mean...neighboring big bangs. so we have our known big bang as a universe and other big bangs as multi-verses. I hate that definition. If they're all still in the same space (just different rooms in one house) calling it a multi-verse is weird. I want multi-verse to mean super-imposed universes separated by planes of consciousness. Thank you

ImperialFisterAceAro t1_j4dadjq wrote

Perhaps it's something like different rooms in the same house, different houses on the same street, different streets in the same city, different cities in the same country, different countries on the same planet, different planets in the same star system, different star systems in the same galaxy, different galaxies in the same universe, and different universes in the same room.

sirhandstylepenzalot t1_j4db2w1 wrote

would you close the door?

of course it's logical - it's just a personal compartmentalization/language thing

I'd prefer Universe be the base layer that encompasses all. otherwise - what would we call that Space? ...nvm

ImperialFisterAceAro t1_j4dp4cs wrote

MEGA SPACE

Lets get all Byzantine with it, just keep adding stuff on to space until we've got 'Supreme August First-rate Senior Space of the West' ;P