Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RSwordsman t1_j48uvkb wrote

Stick-on glow stars for the ceiling would be cool if available. Otherwise maybe a dark or medium blue for the walls with nebula/galaxy designs?

disaster357 t1_j492f34 wrote

I'd say take it a step further and put them on the walls too. Like you're IN space

abslte23 OP t1_j48vhle wrote

The paint is going to be the hardest part I've learned over the years. I like the nebula idea would mind doing that if it reacts to blacklights

RSwordsman t1_j48vl5p wrote

I'd find it really hard to believe if they don't have decals for that sort of thing. Hand painted would be awesome but not everyone is able to do that well hehe.

Ohmmy_G t1_j49izfj wrote

If you put white paint on a paint brush and flick the bristles, it creates pretty nice looking stars. The second method in this video:

https://youtu.be/nrsl5oCQoBg

Maybe use a dark color that glows under black light for some of the stars. Cool lesson to show that not objects in space are seen using the visible light portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Sirenista_D t1_j49su33 wrote

I did a garden-themed room for my girl when she was small. Light blue with white clouds on the walls and ceiling. Used glow in the dark hobby paint to outline the clouds and added a bunch of glow star stickers. It looked freaking AWESOME at night! I would literally lay on the floor and just stare up "at the stars"