Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AWildDragon OP t1_j6lewvh wrote

> Vice President Kamala Harris will award former NASA astronauts Douglas Hurley and Robert Behnken the Congressional Space Medal of Honor at 4:15 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Jan. 31. Hurley and Behnken will receive the award for bravery in NASA’s SpaceX Demonstration Mission-2 (Demo-2) to the International Space Station in 2020.

Always good to see these awards going to living astronauts.

Opno7 t1_j6ly1mj wrote

Space Medal of Honor is the coolest name for an accolade of all time

jdprager t1_j6m0tzt wrote

My boy!!! Doug Hurley went to my alma mater, I got to hang out with him for a bit senior year. Great dude, super laid back. Huge Pink Floyd fan

dhurane t1_j6m5box wrote

I guess it's because the US VP is the Chair of the National Space Council. I'm guessing they want to compartmentalize and keep having the VP being the WH's lead for Space Activities.

Delta4o t1_j6m6uv1 wrote

Their flight to the ISS felt like a historical moment. Not only that, it all went so well as if they were showing off how calm and collected they were on a Sunday afternoon.

pippinator1984 t1_j6mm89r wrote

Congratulations. These awards are the highest to receive, no matter who delivers it to recipient. IMO

bucketofmonkeys t1_j6n625i wrote

“Why does everything we get have to have the word ‘space’ in it?”

123Klaus t1_j6niuu6 wrote

Hey, why not give a medal to the creator of this great space ship??

−3

tocksin t1_j6obk08 wrote

Note: space medal of honor is only valid in space. other conditions may apply.

Ok-Indication494 t1_j6p2dz1 wrote

I got to meet Bob and Doug after their flight on DM-1 when I worked at SpaceX. I helped build the capsule they flew in and have a piece of the reentry parachute at home. Awesome guys