Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sea-Slide348 t1_j8bgrrj wrote

raiders absolutely misplayed their hand here. Getting nothing for Carr is inexcusable but completely in line with their incompetence

rtb001 t1_j8cacnb wrote

Well if they were truly incompetent, they'd somehow mess up the release paperwork and miss the deadline, thereby giving Carr a 40 million dollar payday next week!

Jossie2014 t1_j8c0s5y wrote

Pretty much. He’s not a bad quarterback, just a bad fit for the team. But foolish is in the Davis blood so I chuckled when I read this.

theqwoppingdead t1_j8dt5it wrote

Idk I’ve seen him throw the ball out of bounds on 4th down late in the 4th quarter on a potential game winning drive multiple times. Taking the loss instead of risking stats looking bad on a low probability throw with nothing to lose. I would be upset if my team had Carr as the qb

GunplaAddict t1_j8c31sg wrote

Raiders fan here, I completely agree. We always find a way to fumble the bag.

DFu4ever t1_j8cth6m wrote

God I wish the Raiders could find new ownership. It’s been a shitshow for 30+ years at this point.

EmpireFW t1_j8d5tag wrote

They agreed to the full no trade clause less than a year ago when they guaranteed him about $30M. One season later and they want to move on (rightfully, they’re limited with him) but it will cost them with the cap to get rid of him.

-_Empress_- t1_j8iue3t wrote

Can someone explain to me what this trading is? I see it every year but I don't follow sports and have no clue how it works. I always just assumed players could go wherever they wanted if there was an opening?