Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Balls_DeepinReality t1_j9jg65t wrote

It’s paywalled. I’m not gonna deal with that shit.

But as someone pointed out she’s not a parent, and parents tend to volunteer for those roles.

You can’t argue with free. Pun intended.

BlankVerse OP t1_j9k8z8k wrote

If you want to learn how to circumvent a paywall, see https://www.reddit.com/r/California/wiki/paywall. > Or, if it's a website that you regularly read, you should think about subscribing to the website.

Balls_DeepinReality t1_j9kvdig wrote

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=how+do+i+copy+and+paste%3F

This is a global website, not one just used by Americans.

Did you write the article? Because that’s super shilly.

If they want paid they can use the ad money, because there’s about a million just navigating to it from incognito.

BlankVerse OP t1_j9kw6cm wrote

You've wasted way more time writing that comment that it would have taken to get around the paywall you complained about.

−2

getoffredditandstudy t1_j9kaq4x wrote

She is a parent and one of them is a little leaguer

Balls_DeepinReality t1_j9kweso wrote

She volunteered as a “scorekeeper”?

”The only mom mentioned in the email had “graciously volunteered” as “team parent,” a thankless administrative role that’s important, but nothing like participating in a coaching role.”

So the only woman that was included in the story, was treated not only as an equal, but also volunteered.

The only person diminishing that achievement is this writer.

Personally I’ve got no issue with anyone making the experience a child has a better one. This is not a step towards that.

getoffredditandstudy t1_j9lbsib wrote

I think her points were silly sometimes, particularly that if the environment itself makes you uncomfortable why do you feel like you are owed the job or why would you make the kids games about yourself, it also doesn’t seem like she has baseball experience, but she is a parent just pointing that out

Balls_DeepinReality t1_j9llnz5 wrote

It’s totally understandable that some of those groups have a heavy male presence, that’s not unheard of and I’m sure lots of them are still “boys clubs”.

With a little deduction it sounds like the writer signed up late to the league, and instead of giving pats on the back (for the only email provided, that was worded very inclusively), they chose to have a pissy attitude instead of creating a positive experience.

Now I’ll acknowledge I can’t say for a fact they didn’t try, or won’t, but what a shit ass viewpoint to start at.