Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

theofficialreality t1_j9ityn4 wrote

Russia confirms Viktor Bout, ‘the merchant of war’, has returned to war.

WhiskeyShooter8 t1_j9hij10 wrote

Brittney Griner has returned from the Gulag

cl0udmaster t1_j9jjmio wrote

Can anyone else not believe we traded a literal fucking warlord for Brittney Griner

Balls_DeepinReality t1_j9lcdqy wrote

It’s like an onion article, ate another onion article.

It makes so little sense that there will undoubtedly be a conspiracy theory on Fox News once a day for the next 5 years

Angelic_Phoenix t1_j9l2v8m wrote

he was set for release in like 5 years

−1

cl0udmaster t1_j9l35dl wrote

Actually, 11 years. He was sentenced to minimum 25 years in 2012.

Angelic_Phoenix t1_j9l507z wrote

he WAS scheduled for release on August 2029, my mistake i misremembered it as 2027. Very few prisoners serve full sentences.

−2

cl0udmaster t1_j9l5lhz wrote

Got it. The point still stands that we released a terrorist for an entertainer who bounces a ball.

Angelic_Phoenix t1_j9l5ywe wrote

its not about that its about the US having a responsibility to save its people when they get politically imprisoned. Besides Viktor Bout isnt gonna go back and start revving up the war machine, he is just gonna become a propaganda pundit for putin

−6

cl0udmaster t1_j9l79sc wrote

Tell that to Paul Whelan

Angelic_Phoenix t1_j9lfe6v wrote

he was an actual spy, not a civilian. And the US spent months trying to include him in the deal but Russia wanted a spy equivalent of him to trade, which the US didnt have to give

−5

Portugal737 t1_j9p1w4y wrote

There are many American citizens put behind bars for literally NOTHING. This lady did something illegal and got bailed out. If you or I did the same, we would rot away.

Angelic_Phoenix t1_j9q274s wrote

the real punishment for what she did is a fine and a 30 day sentence. She was a political prisoner, if you think otherwise youre wrong

Portugal737 t1_j9q5hkr wrote

I agree that anything more than what you described would be too harsh of a punishment. But you glazed over the fact that if it was you or I, the government would not be trading a high profile prisoner in exchange.

I also don’t know the Russian laws, but if in Russia you can serve say 10 years, then she deserves 10 years. If you think otherwise, you’re wrong.

Angelic_Phoenix t1_j9q7uag wrote

well I HAVE researched russian laws and it isnt 10 years. Its 30 days and a fine (sometimes a bribe). Do your research before spreading misinformation

Flbudskis t1_j9kuzg6 wrote

How else would Biden pander to the African American voters??

−3

BeavTek t1_j9jn91r wrote

She better be standing up straight singing the anthem at the top of her lungs wrapped in the American flag after what the country did for her.

swimbaitjesus t1_j9lif9d wrote

All 3 of her fans must be ecstatic

chrontab t1_j9hi35y wrote

The what and who?

MrPiction t1_j9j1qys wrote

The lady that smoked weed in Russia that we traded a literal war mongering psycho for

Complicated-HorseAss t1_j9lf87l wrote

Weed companies should capitalize on this and start advertising at the WNBA. "Shit's so good it's worth going to jail in Russia and getting involved in an international terrorist/warlord swap"

Rance_Mulliniks t1_j9qwcay wrote

Yeah, they will capture the hearts of all those millions of WNBA viewers....oh wait.

superace85 t1_j9ounqo wrote

Gross. This is Privilege on display. Wouldn’t happen for any other civilian.