Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Yolectroda t1_iug93ih wrote

This might be one of the craziest things I've seen in all sports.

chrisdc87 t1_iuh9p2x wrote

You need to watch more sports

−12

Bebopo90 t1_iuhfewq wrote

I watch tons of sports, and this is well up the list of craziest shit I've ever seen.

tresott50 t1_iui9ay7 wrote

Name literally one thing crazier than this.. also he pulled more than 5 g’s in that corner

chrisdc87 t1_iui9s8q wrote

−6

Yolectroda t1_iuiassa wrote

Those aren't even close. They're impressive goals, but nothing in there is particularly crazy or out of the ordinary for soccer.

I would legitimately love to see a crazy soccer play that comes close to this absurd move. I've never seen anything close.

chrisdc87 t1_iuibbwp wrote

That’s fair. I guess I don’t get nascar. I understand the impact of the forces on the body, impressive. But this stunt is just centrifugal force and a really well designed wall, right?

−2

Yolectroda t1_iuiddes wrote

It's also a really well designed car (theoretically, this would have destroyed cars in the past if anyone tried it), and most importantly, it's having the ingenuity and guts to try it, as it's never been done. Something kinda similar has been tried in the past, but it failed. It's basically throwing out all of the conventional wisdom of how to race and doing something different and it working.

Then for some of us, it's also a bit of video game BS mixed in, as some of us would do this kind of thing in racing games in years past (which don't have any track or car damage).

This will likely be made illegal in the very near future to prevent others from doing it again.

chrisdc87 t1_iuiey09 wrote

I gotcha, appreciate that

TackyBrad t1_iuir7hl wrote

Probably the best way to process it would be that it's so outlandish and foolhardy and unlikely to work that they never even considered outlawing it. However, I would expect there to very soon be a new rule preventing it in the future.

That's how crazy it is and how outside the box. They didn't think they needed a rule against it but now will almost certainly make one.

Maybe this is stupid or won't help, but imagine if Maradona's "hand of God" was actually legal at the time and just no one had thought to do it because of the integrity of the sport and everyone just knows you're not supposed to do that. However, he does it to score an incredibly important and iconic goal and it forces a rule to be made preventing it.

It's that sort of situation