Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

awfuckthisshit t1_iz5ahr2 wrote

Who would hear someone boo them and think “oh man, better play better for these twats in the stands saying I fucking suck” when they have played great for 96% of the season. You can make excuses about accountability all you want but that just sounds like you have the memory of a goldfish. Forgetting all the great play for the entire season over 1/2 of one game.

jarpio t1_iz5f7so wrote

Funny star players in 3 major sports seem to be flocking here (we don’t speak of the Flyers rn). Must be because they hate playing in front of fans that want to win as badly as they do.

Embiid, Harden, Harper, Schwarber, Castellanos, Wheeler, Realmuto, Nola, Turner, Hurts, Brown, Kelce, Slay, Johnson, Bradberry, Gardner Johnson, Cox, Long, Peters, Dawkins, Utley, Howard, Rollins, Halladay, Lee, I could go on, most of these guys chose to come here, some were drafted and chose to re sign. Many of these players left more money on the table elsewhere to come here. Some took the most money to come here. But they all came here. They all want to be here. And they all “get it” not every athlete that comes here does wind up “getting it” and those guys usually don’t last very long here. and I could probably make a much longer list of players who fall in that category.

Your comment tells me you have a mentality more like that of Ben Simmons or Carson Wentz. A person who would take the boos personally instead of as motivation to improve and be better. You wouldn’t last long here. And that’s fine. But if you don’t understand us, and make no effort to understand us, and still criticize us then idk what to tell you other than we don’t care if you don’t like us, but something about us clearly is threatening to you.

−4

awfuckthisshit t1_iz5ml2o wrote

You and I clearly have very different views on how to lead and support people. There’s no chance we will agree, and that’s ok. You want to put people down and point out their flaws to motivate them to improve and I want to raise them up and highlight their good qualities to raise their confidence to motivate them. Both styles have been seen in sports and have successes and failures.