Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

techieman33 t1_j1uzyqq wrote

It may not go down as the worst trade ever but it’s sure looking like it now.

OHTHNAP t1_j1v0wgd wrote

The Cleveland Browns have entered the chat

Deshaun Watson is rated statistically #40 of the 41 worst QB's in the league since his return.

techieman33 t1_j1v1hwv wrote

That one's definitely in contention. Watson hasn't played in 2.5 years so this is basically a preseason for him to get back into game shape. I don't think we'll really know how good he is until next season. Assuming he managed to stay out of jail of course.

GoombyGoomby t1_j1v6ial wrote

I hope it stays that way for the rest of his career

slapshots1515 t1_j1x99te wrote

And yet, the Watson trade isn’t even remotely close to Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams.

thejawa t1_j1v8f08 wrote

Hard to top the Ricky Williams trade, where the Saints traded their entire draft + 2 of the top 3 picks the following year to get Williams, who wasn't interested in playing for the Saints, threatened to play baseball instead, then played for them for 3 seasons before being traded to Miami.

AUserNeedsAName t1_j1vryea wrote

I think the Vikings managed to top it when they mortgaged their entire future buying an old-ass Herschel Walker from the Cowboys and setting Dallas up for their dominance in the 90s. Walker played for them for 3 years, leading them to a single playoff game in that time.

Orkleth t1_j1vqxpb wrote

It's going to be hard to top the Herschel Walker trade.