Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DemSumBigAssRidges t1_j241ngi wrote

Wasn't that on Carroll, not Wilson?

ContemplatingPrison t1_j24hpej wrote

Yes it was and there is a theory it was because they wanted Wilson tk be MVP instead of Lynch because of how Lynch was back then with the press.

−1

Wheream_I t1_j24wndb wrote

Which is dumb. We passed because it was second down, the clock was running with 24 seconds left, and we had 1 timeout, and Marshawn was about 30% from the goal line that year.

If we ran it we would have had to burn our last timeout, forcing pass then run for the next 2 plays.

ContemplatingPrison t1_j251suh wrote

I never said it was true lol. Just saying that's what I recall everyone was saying after the game.

Go Niners

elementofpee t1_j245gha wrote

Still on Wilson to make a better throw so it’s either a TD or an incomplete - not a ball that Butler could break and rip from.

As a Seattle fan, this narrative of “should’ve ran the ball” is old, tired and wrong. Wilson needed to make a better throw.

−4

westernsociety t1_j24wob5 wrote

Nah they definitely should've ran it. The second it happened everyone knew it.

elementofpee t1_j25yt1h wrote

You must not understand defensive alignment. Belichick had 8 in the box, preparing for a run. Earlier in the season Marshawn faced the same goal line situation and fumbled away at the 1. Also, the clock was running, Belichick didn’t call a time out, and running the ball while not making it would’ve killed the game too. Wilson needed the place the ball better. Butler also just made a ridiculous play and hats off there.