Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

IWearACharizardHat t1_j2w1e6j wrote

Right so basically the bullseye requires more skill than the other spots that are targeted. Disappointing. A variation with darts closer to classic archery arrows where you could physically split the opponent's to steal a bullseye would be much more entertaining to watch even if actually designing them that way for home usage isn't rational.

Certs t1_j2wy2zr wrote

> Right so basically the bullseye requires more skill than the other spots that are targeted.

I don't think you're looking at it the right way. Sure, the bullseye is smaller and harder to hit, but I wouldn't say it requires more skill. Imagine archery, but the bullseye moves all around the board. That's what this game is. You see them aiming for triple 20 most of the time, but you can't win there. You have to then hit the triple 19, then the triple 12, or if you miss you have to hit different numbers all over the board. If you're just focusing on the bullseye it's much easier to adjust when you're off, but you can't adjust to hitting the double 16 if you haven't thrown there yet.

The dart game Cricket has more emphasis on the bullseye, because you are required to hit it to win, but even that game forces you to hit other numbers as well.

aflickering t1_j2wu3v9 wrote

there are still plenty of bullseyes hit in darts though, and a lot of the biggest checkouts require you to finish on it, it’s not like players can just avoid it consistently. i actually think if they were constantly aiming at it at the end of every leg it’d take away from the thrill of when it does get hit.