Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SlickWickk t1_j4fbqvo wrote

I'd want a bag too if I knew Jon Jones was about to kick my shit in a couple times.

Go box and make bank, props to him.

−59

FragnificentKW t1_j4fcsw3 wrote

If by “kick his shit in” you mean “not get paid his worth while Jones gouged the fuck out of his eyes” then maybe?

JBJ hasn’t fought in almost three years and looked like dogshit when he did - and that was at 205 lbs. If Jones wanted that smoke, he had plenty of chances to do it. I’m sure Dana would have much rather done that fight than boring ass Ciryl Gane

limpnoads t1_j4gf1ww wrote

Did you just say a guy who obliterated his weight for like 8 years fought like shit? Your opinion obviously doesn't belong here.🤣🤣 Just the Reyes/Gustafson/Cormier fights put him above most guys in the UFC. Probably a Connor fan though, am I right....

−29

Valiantheart t1_j4g8132 wrote

Jones hasn't fought in awhile, has never been known for striking power and has lost many of his reach and leverage advantages by going up a weight class.

limpnoads t1_j4ggtg8 wrote

On striking power....Jons broke at least 3 dudes orbital bones with ground and pound elbows(ask Shogun Rua😂), so yeah, totally lacking there.🙄

−13

Happy295 t1_j4h8w6q wrote

His elbows are definitely a lot scarier than his punches.

aka_cone t1_j4ict5f wrote

Dude hasn't KO'd anyone in over 4 years, has 1 KO in coming on 10 years now + he's moving up a weight class.

limpnoads t1_j4gfqxn wrote

He fought 205....he walked around at like 230 on the regular, clowns like you thinking this guy can't throw is absolutely hilarious. Jon throws some of the most brutal spinning elbows in the history of the UFC, also his ground game is unreal, he's one of the only fighters I've ever seen that throws those devestating knees to an opponents side while their grounded. His only loss, was a win, he's undefeated in the UFC for almost ten years, lets be real, and without his crazy personal shit, he's one of the GOATS of the UFC, especially if he starts thrashing these HW.

−19

Zyra00 t1_j4gzoad wrote

Do you honestly think he can fight ngannou after 3 years of sitting on his ass? Are you insane? Chuck Liddell beat some dudes up years ago but I wouldn’t bet on him to beat Tyson fury. You’re bringing up old shit and somehow making the leap that he can do that do a guy who’s 50lb heavier than him? Ok… pray tell why hasn’t he had the title for the past 3 years if he’s so good?

aka_cone t1_j4ibvck wrote

He has a couple losses to usada and god though...