Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

don51181 t1_j4ggxzy wrote

I hope he can go box Tyson Fury and make a lot of money. It is a shame the UFC is being so stubborn.

JustinTruedope t1_j4gki56 wrote

99.9% chance he gets bodied tho

Cheshire_Jester t1_j4gw193 wrote

He knows that, but he probably ends up making more money boxing.

And more importantly that seems to be where his heart is. He wants to box, and he’s a knockout artist.

UFC doesn’t need Ngannou, I guess we’ll see if he needs UFC.

FragnificentKW t1_j4him2c wrote

No probably about it. Unless he’s got the worst agent ever, he’d make more in one fight vs Tyson Fury than he made in his entire UFC career combined

hsanaiz t1_j4i52ty wrote

Wholeheartedly disagree. Jones vs Ngannou had the potential to be the biggest fight ever. UFC fumbled the bag over pride.

-Nordico- t1_j4hxzct wrote

The idea is to do it with mma gloves so Francis has a chance; that'd be interesting.

−2

Jordan_Kyrou t1_j4igdt9 wrote

Francis is the ‘B’ side. Fury’s calling the shots if he wants the fight.

trustheprocess t1_j4hvjpl wrote

The UFC would be so much better without Dana

The_ODB_ t1_j4r7oxh wrote

The modern UFC was Dana White's idea.

Edgerrin32 t1_j4rbl70 wrote

You can't be serious. Please don't tell me you have been mislead to this degree.

The_ODB_ t1_j4rfgx1 wrote

Your hatred doesn't change the facts.

−3

trustheprocess t1_j4rppeg wrote

Well The Fertitas and Dana bought the UFC. It’s my opinion that the UFC would be better off without Dana, he treats people badly, has bad business practices. His monster ego gets in the way of everything.

The_ODB_ t1_j4s6ovu wrote

>The Fertitas and Dana bought the UFC.

That's not true. The Fertitas bought the old UFC after Dana White pitched them the idea for the new UFC.

−1

dont_worry_im_here t1_j4jcxqm wrote

The article says he can negotiate with MMA and boxing with zero interference from UFC.

don51181 t1_j4jg9rr wrote

The way it is worded almost makes it sound like they are defending the UFC. He is not affiliated with UFC so of course they can't interfere.

BrokenMethFarts t1_j4ugglw wrote

He’s be better of fighting one of the Paul’s then retire of the huge payday

don51181 t1_j4vhe5v wrote

Maybe. The Tyson Fury fight would be more interesting I think. Although he would lose I am amazed by how Fury can out box people. He can still make a lot from a fight with Fury.

Mabaum t1_j4hknij wrote

They offered him a deal to be the highest paid heavyweight fighter of all time.

−14

floodpull t1_j4hloql wrote

so says dana. have any #’s been made public?

Mabaum t1_j4hlyo4 wrote

I mean he’s not going to just claim that when Francis and Ngannous team could just refute it which they haven’t.

−15

floodpull t1_j4hno6e wrote

of course he is. he’s a promoter, he’ll say anything he can to make himself look better. brock made $2.5mil to fight mark hunt at ufc 200. i guarantee they didn’t offer francis that. highest base salary francis ever made was $600k for the gane fight and he was making $150-200k before that.

i’ll believe it was the biggest hw contract if/when the contract leaks, until then it’s just dana doing what dana does.