Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

farts_in_the_breeze t1_j4nf0sv wrote

Chargers got 17 points off turnovers, from what I can tell, all in the first half. They outscored also the Jaguars 27-7 in the first half. The second half, different story, Jaguars score 24 points in the second half of the game, Chargers score 3 and miss a FG.

Why'd the Chargers lose? Abandoned the run. Herbert was 25/43. Probably should have mixed at least 10 more runs into the play calls. They had the lead for the majority of the game, 10 runs is about another 5 minutes of possession time, that could have put a lot of extra pressure on Jacksonville, but instead the clock stood still after a ton of incomplete passes.

Play calling is the issue, IMO.

idjsonik t1_j4ngjhe wrote

Ok i didnt really go through the numbers like that i didnt know he threw that much stopping the clock and not running with ekeler ?? Definetly coaching had a big part

farts_in_the_breeze t1_j4nrzcw wrote

I decided to give it a look after reading your comment. I know I responded to the other user though and thought I commented in r/NFL before you replied.

Did watch the first half, had condensed game in the morning.

idjsonik t1_j4ntqdt wrote

Yea and i didnt even bother watching the 2nd half i thought it was a checkmate i was wrong haha

oneoftheguysdownhere t1_j4qjt4x wrote

It wasn’t just 17 points off turnovers. It was 17 points on drives that started in the red zone. They had 3 drives go for a total of 35 yards and scored 17 points on those 3 drives. Outside of that, the offense put up 13 points. This game is mostly on the offense.

Couldn’t score a TD when they started the drive 6 yards out.

Bad snap on 3rd and 1 near the end of the first half. Jags never should have gotten that ball back and scored the first TD.

First drive of the second half: 3 straight incompletions that took a total of 14 seconds off the clock.

Nearly abandoning the run. From the time that they went up 27-0 to the end of the game, they only called 7 run plays. That’s inexcusable. Even a few more runs would have run the clock down and put more pressure on Jacksonville.