Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j529wkc wrote

Doggleganger t1_j52cidi wrote

Brady and Purdy have one thing in common: both were thrown into the game on exceptionally good teams and were not asked to carry the team. In Brady's first years, that Pats defense was elite, and he wasn't asked to air it out like he did in later years. Purdy is in a similar situation. SF has one of the most stacked rosters in the league. It's got elite receivers, running game, defense, coaching. SF has it all. Purdy is the weak point, but he's not asked to do too much, and he's been good so far.

jdbolick t1_j52xe06 wrote

They're also extremely intelligent. Build and arm strength get all the combine attention, but reading defenses is what makes a great quarterback.

NumberVsAmount t1_j553gy2 wrote

I can’t wait until Drop Thurdy continues to play like this long enough that this L of a take finally goes away. He’s undefeated for basically half of the season. His stats are the best of any qb over that stretch. Anybody who is actually watching has seen him make plays and show talent. If a high draft pick rookie qb did over the first 7 games of a season what bcb has done over these 7 people would be calling him a franchise qb. But because people can’t believe in mr. Irrelevant, he’s just a “system qb”.

Sildar_Hallwinter t1_j52dz9k wrote

I mean, Kurt Warner went undrafted and literally had a movie about him called “American Underdog”.

But as a 49er fan, I hope Purdy wins it all and they make a movie about him called “Relevant: The Brock Purdy Story”. Just don’t make it a Christian propaganda film like the Kurt Warner movie.

cornelius_catamaran t1_j52eqvu wrote

Vikes fan here, still salty about my team but for sure rooting for the Purdy boy the rest of the way.

UnderdogRising t1_j52u1dl wrote

It's been great to watch too. They're all hyping him up like crazy after every play. He's as calm as a pond the whole time. The team chemistry seems unreal.