Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Samjamesjr t1_j7acze7 wrote

We lived in Austin and loved going to the Alamo. Have one child with autism, so can empathize there. However, this location goes beyond the typical Alamo rules. Took our youngest (neurotypical) to see a supposedly all ages show on his birthday and used PTO to do so. Got there and they wouldn’t let him in due to his age. Their management never had a good explanation for not letting us in and it was the first time I’d brought a kid to this location. I don’t know what the story is with these folks and don’t care, but I also don’t trust this location to not waste my time.

Long story short: will be fine staying at home and watching a movie a few months later not to deal with the Springfield Alamo’s hassle. Their management seems to be a bit on the asinine side.

−30

Wyldfire2112 t1_j7ah4dw wrote

From what you're not saying, I'm guessing it was your kid's first or second birthday and you ran afoul of their 3+ policy for general admission shows. Just because you don't like the explanation and they didn't cave to you trying to talk your way around the rule doesn't mean they didn't give you one. Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on their part.

EDIT: Either that, or you're lying out your ass because you're part of the smear campaign. One of the two.

Samjamesjr t1_j7bwnqh wrote

Maybe you’re just being an ass? I don’t have a dog in OP’s fight and left my opinion. Wish Alamo all the best, but the local management team failed to live up to the experiences we had living in Austin since 2015. I know y’all are new to Alamo and are super proud to have one, but it’s okay to accept that the humans working there can make mistakes.

−4

Samjamesjr t1_j7ahjim wrote

No, he was turning five. We’ve had no problems with Alamo in TX and understand the policies. I read quasi-governmental regulation on a daily basis, but sure, assume I don’t know what I’m talking about and the managers at this location aren’t just giddy over their awesome movie theater power.

−25

the_honeyman t1_j7btpyg wrote

Dude just admit you tried to take your kid to a showing after their "no kids allowed" time. Springfield does that too. They all do. That's why Alamo is the best.

Samjamesjr t1_j7bw0te wrote

We showed them a screenshot with “all ages” on the reservation my wife made. I have no reason to lie and they wasted my PTO. Just remarking about a negative experience I had before we could even be seated.

I think it’s hilarious that y’all think this middle-aged accountant is part of some conspiracy to smear the Alamo and not just a dude who had a disappointed kid on his birthday a year ago. Like can’t you folks hear a tiny bit of criticism without going all tinfoil hat on me? No wonder Springfield is so fucking backwards.

Just saw the notification about this thread and wanted to remark on my experience. Working remotely for an Austin-based company on a Sunday… it’s not like I’m well-connected in this area. But cool, you all can be drama mamas and call a stranger a liar instead of accept that maybe a company made a mistake that left such a bad taste that I’d comment about it a year later.