Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Caspers_Chili_Farts t1_j7klxiy wrote

I'm 2 weeks post getting my wings clipped. I use Mercy too unfortunately and they will not perform the procedure at their facilities because of their special religious discrimination privileges or whatever. Anyway, I went to my Urologist (Dr. Guilliams) and was told he would perform the procedure, but it had to be at a third party surgical center which was fine by me. The procedure was done at Rex Witherspoon and cost $1100, but hopefully I can recover some of that by submitting it to my insurance, still waiting to hear back on that. The first 3 or so days, I barely moved from the couch and I was pretty sore. By the end of the first week most of the swelling had gone down and I could move much better. Now at 2 weeks post-op the boys feel pretty much back to normal, but the sutures are giving me some discomfort as they dissolve and start loosening up. Let me know if you have any questions.

brainkandy87 OP t1_j7ktyl6 wrote

Thanks. Two of you guys saying the first few days is gonna be awful have me psyched to do it, lol. Better than another baby though.

Caspers_Chili_Farts t1_j7lqzlj wrote

You'll be ok. I was super nervous before my procedure, but the drugs they give you help a ton. Pro tip: Wear compression shorts to keep things from moving around after the procedure, then put another pair of boxer briefs on and use those to hold your peas in place. Good luck buddy!