Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

spuente1206 t1_j8dt359 wrote

“Affordable” being an subjective measure, here is a tier list of the best “romantic” (also subjective) restaurants in the area:

Low tier (~$10/plate): Bambino’s on Delmar, Nonnas, Greek Belly

Low-mid tier (~$15/plate): Catrinas Mexican, Piccolos, Archie’s Italian Eaterie, Zayka Indian, Civil kitchen, Cafe B-29,

Mid tier (~$20/plate): Bruno’s, The Rock, Rama Thai, Kai after dark, Flame, Habana Vieja (my personal recommendation), The Finely in Ozark,

High tier ($20+/plate): Progress, The Garrison, Finley river farms, Metropolitan Grill, Nicola’s Ristorante, Char, Jimms steakhouse, Gilardis, Harvest restaurant in Rogersville,

No-Policy5641 t1_j8g8uo5 wrote

When people mention Bambino’s on Del Mar as a romantic place to eat it always makes me laugh. I lived near there when I was in college. We’d go during happy hour and drink pitchers of New Castle. Sometimes we paid with change, I’m sure they hated us. I don’t think I actually ate the food until several years later, to me the sauce was pretty bland, but the beer was always good.

spuente1206 t1_j8g93cc wrote

Romance is in the eye of the beholder. Downing pitchers sounds pretty romantic to me

ho1doncaulfield t1_j8f50jd wrote

Habana the place on Commercial? I always wanted to try that. Seems like too fancy to eat at by yourself though 😅

spuente1206 t1_j8fb7bc wrote

It’s fantastic Cuban food, but yes probably not the place for a solo outing

Bootdaddy247 t1_j8hym1p wrote

Go for lunch! It's low key and you definitely wouldn't feel out of place dining solo. The servers are so kind and the food is bombbbbb.

DKBMusic t1_j8zqw55 wrote

This is a great list, but I wouldn't consider these restaurants romantic:

Archie’s Italian Eaterie, Cafe B-29, Rama Thai