Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

somabva t1_j8lplal wrote

A lot of chains that have a standing policy will make an exception if you talk to a manager and explain your situation. They're afraid of people renting rooms for parties and trashing them. Hotels that offer weekly rates are also often a better bet. Might try extended stay America.

Aimless78 t1_j8lvi3s wrote

There are many reasons for it from worry about parties being thrown to not wanting to rent to homeless people. If you explain a reason for it, such as you can't stand your mother-in-law and need a break from your house for a night or your water is off due to a pipe that burst then they will usually rent to you.

MeowKat85 t1_j8mbsz6 wrote

I used to work front desk at one of the local hotels. It is a typical standing policy. That being said, we do make exceptions. Have a good story and don’t wait for the last minute.

jackie_wiggiwoo t1_j8mzajo wrote

VIB and the Town Suites by Mercy do

indirckr t1_j8n60kp wrote

I stayed at VIB once when I thought it was going to be bad weather and didn't want try to drive back up from Branson (home) the next day. It was a really cute little room. They just had me use a credit card to charge it on.

Lacknothing_ t1_j8mjfpr wrote

I ran into this when trying to rent a room for a tenant while we did some repairs to their house. Greenstay off east Chestnut was a decent hotel that did allow us to rent a room for a few nights.

CliftonHanger13 t1_j8moes2 wrote

Imagine not renting a room to someone because they are homeless.

Aimless78 t1_j8nc3pg wrote

You can thank other homeless people for ruining it for the homeless who want to rent rooms and are not all strung out on drugs. The problem in the past for some of these places is that they have rented to a homeless person and next thing they know there is 10 of them in the room, the room is damaged & trashed, and they lose money due to the damages and cleaning.

You know how people say that one person ruined it for everyone else? Well, that is the case for many of the motels/hotels.

I had to get a room one night due to escaping an abusive husband, and the only place that would rent to me was Motel 6. You want to know why I was told no at several other places? Because they didn't want to deal with an abusive man showing up and attacking me. Why because they have dealt with it before and it was a pain in the butt.

Renn_1996 t1_j8o8c9d wrote

It's not other homeless people it's Crack heads and college/high school kids having hotel parties. And hotels denying you in your situation absolutely had a right to do that as much as it sucks. They have an obligation to protect employees

Aimless78 t1_j8ofu1u wrote

I completely understood why, and that is why you don't see me blasting them on here.

Deceptivejunk t1_j8n2rmi wrote

They’re are different types of homeless. Unfortunately, some are prone to causing massive damage to rooms or stealing.

MrFeels77 t1_j8mt5g7 wrote

Ok, would you rent a room to someone that's strung out and doesn't give 2 shits about anything but their wants? Someone that will show zero respect to your property? Someone that will smoke inside, leave excrement on the floor and dirty needles everywhere? I bet not.

−4

CliftonHanger13 t1_j8mzmsr wrote

Of course I wouldn’t, is every homeless person strung out and careless with the property of others ? Get ahold of yourself

helloporator t1_j8lsfl5 wrote

I can’t remember the name but the one on Glenstone just off of Seminole, near the jewelry store does. It’s kinda across the street from red lobster Edit: typo

[deleted] OP t1_j8lwwhz wrote

[deleted]

Professor_Disastrous t1_j8ng9q6 wrote

Don’t go to battlefield inn yes they will rent to you. Unless you are going for a tweakend don’t go there

helloporator t1_j8o2nw5 wrote

Well do you have a different answer for them or not lol

MrFeels77 t1_j8mtteh wrote

I'm in town temporarily for work and I reside in a hotel on North Glenstone. The so called "Homeless" that I have seen are able bodied addicts who act very entitled and have absolutely zero respect for other people's property. During the coldest days of winter, the homeless were given vouchers to stay at Motel 6. The property damage was phenomenal. They even stole the copper wiring to the water boiler leaving them without hot water for over a week. At that point I had to change hotels.

laffingriver t1_j8mw3aa wrote

the very expensive ones allow it. the very cheap ones allow it.

i once had luck using a third party app like expedia or something bc they booked the room.

_ism_ t1_j8n5zpt wrote

I've heard this too. It happened to me at a motel in Seymour when I had an Ava zip code on my license. I booked online on a travel site the day before but when I showed my ID to check in they refused me just stating my zip code over and over.

On the other hand, I was homeless and had covid and checked myself into Welcome Inn one month in 2020 and they didn't bat an eye (same place that was accepting homeless vouchers, although I didn't have one at the time)

bradhunt2543 t1_j8n7x1i wrote

I had this situation, I told them the a/c was out and being replaced….it was fine then.

Christmasqueen19 t1_j8n8epy wrote

We lived an hour away and when my mom had a stroke and needed brain surgery in an ice storm I tried to get a room to be close to her and no one would rent me one cause an hour away is still too close!

Embarrassed_Ant5108 t1_j8n9s2s wrote

5 years in the business in Texas and Colorado never heard of this

AquaAndMint t1_j8nga4l wrote

We've stayed at the Vandivort before for downtown activities.
Also, I forgot -- once at the Hilton Garden Inn by Farmer's Park.

Professor_Disastrous t1_j8ngtjg wrote

The best western rail haven used to rent to locals. I used to work there and it’s actually one of the cleanest hotels I have ever seen

ohlovely t1_j8njngg wrote

University Plaza will rent to locals.

Longjumping-Ice-8814 t1_j8nkxd2 wrote

Yep. Normal policy, but if you can prove that you are not a trouble maker and you’re willing to put down the deposit, it’s not a problem. That’s been my experience, at least. I’ve stayed in many local hotels, all of my choosing, whenever I want for the last 7 years I’ve lived here. Nights out, birthday parties, just a night away from home, etc.

Tiny_Fly_7397 t1_j8ms45h wrote

Might have better luck with Airbnb, although last time I used it it was way cheaper just to get a hotel lol