Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cock_a_doodle_dont t1_j97e9uq wrote

Forget everybody else in this thread, i say make it rough on those who try to take more than their share. There are traffic rules for good reasons.

ho1doncaulfield OP t1_j97fil3 wrote

I am losing my shit at how many people are saying I’m the asshole here 😬

SpiltMelon t1_j991ac3 wrote

It’s just like those that expect you to yield when they are coming on to James River from a on ramp. Yes I will be considered and move over if possible but I will not slam on my brakes so u can get on the highway. Yield people

cock_a_doodle_dont t1_j9ag1ee wrote

Or maybe get up to highway speed before trying to merge

igolikethis t1_j9azfrg wrote

Omg the people that putt along at 30-40mph drive me insane. I get some of these on ramps are poorly designed to get up to speed (looking at you, eastbound 60) but it's not impossible either.

cock_a_doodle_dont t1_j9b00nm wrote

It's so dangerous and shows a lack of defensive driving.

[deleted] t1_j9bklus wrote

[deleted]

cock_a_doodle_dont t1_j9bksb7 wrote

What's unsafe about maintaining your right-of-way?

[deleted] t1_j9blg4z wrote

[deleted]

cock_a_doodle_dont t1_j9bluzq wrote

And you aren't mine. Who got hurt in this exchange? The clown who made the unsafe move. OP simply didn't brake to allow them to pass from the turn lane, and that's how it should be

Be an asshole, get treated like one

NotBatman81 t1_j9as57k wrote

Or go slightly slower than highway speed to slip in behind the line of traffic that can't get over. The possibilities are practically endless.

rocks66ss t1_j98z28j wrote

Fuck the naysayers, I would wreck my truck before I would let that asshole in. I like how people pull out in front of you and you have to slam on your brakes and not a person behind you. People like that piss me off. Awhile back, the police were giving tickets for driving in the turn lane.

NotBatman81 t1_j9asfks wrote

I am a courteous driver but I have limits, and this is one of them. I've seen it several times on Republic and I always blast them with the horn for an excessive amount of time. No sorry, not sorry beep. You're going to remember this lol.

Anima_EB t1_j9b611h wrote

Probably because this town has the worst drivers in the country. Unfortunate.

Wyldfire2112 t1_j99oril wrote

Yeah. I basically see it as they're the kind of asshole that would do the exact same thing and feel called out.

After all, the massive number of bad drivers in this town have to exist somewhere outside their cars.

the_honeyman t1_j97hcgw wrote

You aren't the asshole, you were just one of two on the road that day.

−20

cock_a_doodle_dont t1_j97te0v wrote

Fuck that. Nobody got hurt and those two got treated like they deserve

−2