Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Donohoed t1_j9mbhwq wrote

Yeah but as many unnamed witnesses as the article claims there were, including people from various ministries, you'd think at least one person would've recorded something or even taken a picture. Even of the aftermath by somebody who didn't personally see it happen. But there's nothing. That sounds even fishier to me than the sheriff not feeding into it

_ism_ t1_j9mc9xh wrote

I believe videos of the smoldering aftermath were submitted to Pastor Christie love which she shared from those unnamed victims on her Facebook in the story in early February that spurred this

-lurkbeforeyouleap- t1_j9mvo2w wrote

I don't have a dog in this fight at all, but is it possible the property owner burned it rather than the deputies? The deputies would not be able to burn the camp on private property without breaking the law themselves (even if they have permission, I would view this as a public funds misuse). Just offering a different viewpoint.

Fallout_NewCheese t1_j9ol50q wrote

Is this your first time seeing cops do something horrific? And at that point is this your first day in America? Cops do shit like this and much worse things constantly because who's gonna arrest the cops? Then if they do something bad enough to actually see any consequences the "consequences" are usually just a paid leave. They also have the strongest unions in the country with a massive budget to give these cops legal protection.

−3

_ism_ t1_j9myirm wrote

i don't know why you are replying to me, i was simply offering what they'd asked about before they edited to reflect that

−4