Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_ism_ t1_j9ogegb wrote

Yes. The advocates for the homeless are trying to raise awareness and get media coverage in a community that generally despises the homeless and ignores homelessNESS. I get so irritated by these people asking for evidence or a proper news release about it already.

​

Journalism starts on the ground and Christie Love and crew do that kind of ground work as just one small part of their massive outreach and awareness efforts. I respect that. I wish the community as a greater whole would help bring these stories up, but some people want to quash it down because it's "not a story yet, nothing's been proven" or they expect the newspaper to generate its own accurate facts somehow out of thin air, facts that are being concealed by those in power when observant folks have questions.

ghenghis_could t1_j9oicw5 wrote

It's been two weeks and not one story. I find it kinda inflammatory and if there is one thing I'd like to watch burn it would be this shitty police department

Mysteroo OP t1_j9ok4n3 wrote

Hope I'm not being included in that irritation towards those asking for evidence. Half the reason Is shared this was to get it some publicity if it WAS real - which I now wholeheartedly believe it is

_ism_ t1_j9okipk wrote

thank you. i am a formerly homeless person myself. my experiences and the anecdotes of those i shared the experience with, cause me to intuitively believe this story even if I didn't personally know Christie Love. But since i've been housed i haven't stayed in touch, been doing a sort of media diet and trying to get healthy mentally here now, but this is the one local topic I still follow.

Donohoed t1_j9osuz2 wrote

You get irritated by people that don't immediately just believe things they read on the internet without evidence?