Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

chimesplayer t1_iqm5mr2 wrote

We left Springfield at 4:30. Got parked at the Fruit Farm lot (field) at 7:30. There were people just commuting further south towards Harrison that were stuck in the concert traffic. Once parked, it was either an hour long walk to the venue or wait for a shuttle. The wait time for a shuttle was 2-3 hours. There were probably thousands of people waiting on the few shuttles they had and shuttles had to come back down the same road as the long line of traffic trying to get parked. It was obvious getting out of there was going to be just as bad so we left. It just wasn’t worth the hassle to us and, thankfully, only paid $15 for tickets. Grabbed dinner at the Landing and just laughed at what a shit show that was. I requested a refund on Ticketmaster. Not really optimistic though so I’ll probably dispute the charge on my credit card. But I really feel for people who spent so much money or might’ve traveled long distances for this horribly planned event. Feels like we were just Fyre Fested. Ol Johnny Morris just Ja Ruled our asses.

Numerous-Mix-9775 t1_iqmd6hs wrote

Everything I’ve heard has made this sound like the Southwest Missouri Fyre Fest for sure.

Shiner_Latte756 t1_iqn04oj wrote

Except the fact that they have actually had shows. Literally everyone knew the lack of infrastructure that exists, still chose to go, and then threw a bitch fit about it.

Ocularis70 t1_iqmmlma wrote

Went last night. We parked at the fruit stand parking lot, which is dustier and farther from the events center but worth it to get out after the show. We got to the parking lot around 415, boarded the bus around five, and got to the venue around 545. After the show, the key is getting back to the shuttle stop. You need to walk quickly and with purpose, don’t delay for anything! We left before the fireworks show. You don’t need to see fireworks – you’ve seen them before. The key to the whole process is getting back to the shuttle stop queue as quickly as you can… By the time we boarded the bus and were leaving the line was horrendous. The ride on the bus from the shuttle stop back to the fruit farm parking lot was very quick, probably less than 10 minutes. We were able to leave the parking lot at the fruit stand with no traffic, and I was back home in Springfield just before midnight. My advice is to avoid the main parking area at all costs… I had friends there last night they got trapped in that line will past 2:00 to 2:30 in the morning. You can get out quickly…you just have to be deliberate and strategic about it all! Good luck! The concert and venue are amazing!

ifollowmyself t1_iqmlyt9 wrote

I listened to Garth Brooks on Spotify at home all night and had a great time singing along. Mass entertainment is still a big mess.

why_is_it_yellow t1_iqmt742 wrote

We got lucky and had a great experience. I feel guilty about it lol

sikki_nixx t1_iqn9s3j wrote

Don't feel guilty. You had a great experience...that's why you went :)

GurleyGirl7 t1_iqo6n26 wrote

We had a great experience too! We were right by the stage, never any lines for bathrooms or food or drinks. Only waited 30 minutes to get out and on the road. Luckily we were going the opposite direction of branson so we didn’t have to sit in all that mess

tdawg-1551 t1_iqmm98d wrote

Had some friends from work at the Thursday show. Concert let out around 945, one group didn't get home until after 2. Took them over two hours just to get on a shuttle to get to the car. The few shuttles had to take the same route as everyone else leaving, so they were just sitting in traffic as well. Then they had to drop off and try and get back.

Another group had parking passes nearer the venue, but once they got in the car, they just had to sit. They didn't get home until close to 1.

Add to all that, just getting there got backed up onto the highway with nowhere to go. One lane in, one lane out. They can't even use two lanes to get in and out because they have to keep one clear for the shuttles.

I've been to big events all over the country and this sounds like the worst traffic management I've ever heard of. You just can't have 10,000+ people, 3-4000 vehicles going into one spot from one direction on one road, with one lane each way. It's not like you can take several roads to get in and out from different directions. It didn't sound like there was anything that could be done differently, they just need more roads and lanes to get in and out. Until then, it will always be a shit show.

Nanookthesealtrapper t1_iqmugeu wrote

Like the other guy said leave before the fireworks and walk back to your car. We were home to springfield before midnight. Getting into the place was an absolute cluster fuck but due to different schedules we weren't able to head down until 4. Concert and venue were great if you can block out all the logistical frustrations.

MartonianJ t1_iqm1k3z wrote

I came here to do this and you beat me to it. We are going tonight. Interested to hear some experiences from last night.

Spodiodie t1_iqn2tna wrote

I hate performers who say “this is my last tour, if you want to see my show you better but tickets now”. A year or two later here they come again. Garth is one of them.

tdawg-1551 t1_iqqsba0 wrote

I went to Ozzy's "No More Tours" (off his 'final' album, No More Tears) tour in the early/mid 90s. That didn't stick.

burtmaclin43 t1_iqnllsc wrote

I went to his first “retirement tour” like 12 years ago. Won’t spend the money to go again. Fuck that dude.

CCrabtree t1_iqn8orw wrote

We had a great experience, overall, but we got there early on purpose knowing the set up. We arrived about 3pm to the Thunder Ridge area. We never stopped in traffic on 65. Once we turned onto 86 we sat in traffic for about 45 minutes. We had on site parking. We walked to the venue, and got got in line. There were maybe 500 people in front of us. We had field tickets. These tickets are in the mulch on level part of the "floor" surrounding the actual seats. If you are there early go to the far right side. Everyone was stopping on the left side. We were right at the fence about 10 rows back from the front. We had an incredible vantage point. Also no one on our side was crowding up against anyone else. Everyone had their space and stayed in it.

Leaving was a bit different. We sat in our parking spot for 2.5 hours as we could tell and knew it wasn't going to move. Bring water and snacks for the car after, but know, there's no bathrooms in the parking lot, but there are trees nearby. We live off 65, Ozark, area. We got home at 2am. Concert let out at 10-10:15 and the walk took awhile to the car as the mass amount of people trying to move through the same small space.

We would go again and our planning was fine, however, people we planned to go with didn't have the same experience and missed 1/2 the concert. Also most of the workers(not drink or food sellers), but parking and attendants inside were incredibly rude. However, I can't say I blame them. I don't feel they were trained at all AND had people yelling at them because of how bad outside the arena was. People we went with said others were berating the bus drivers and parking lot attendants and some quit mid-job. If you plan to go, go early.

stone500 t1_iqp2uug wrote

There were porta johns at the lot we were at.

CelesteRyan t1_iqor6tm wrote

Venue is beautiful. The sound system is amazing. The show and pre show were fun. The beer was $18 but still some people managed to get fall down drunk. Garth’s merchandise was reasonably priced. Parking was a mess from start to finish. I thought the back up was caused because of 86 but it was not the State Troopers kept traffic moving.

stone500 t1_iqp8juw wrote

I was at the employee show on Thursday. It's very typical Bass Pro. Nice enough anesthetics and production, but marred with poor logistics. Very bad traffic management, no good organization for lines in the fan-area. I couldn't see any handicap-accessible bathrooms. Once you're in the venue, there's plenty of porta johns so you're not likely to wait much for a bathroom, if at all.

The venue itself is nice enough. Sound system is good. Stage is good. Hill seating is fine.

Parking is sure to be a nightmare. Expect to walk quite a bit. Expect to sit in your car for at least an hour when it's time to go if you don't leave early. The roads aren't meant for the amount of attendees that will be present.

I left after the fireworks (there was also a drone-light show, which was sweet). We walked to the car and waited about an hour. A major part of the issue is that there was no clear signs on which way to exit, and the ushers weren't very helpful. This resulted in plenty of cars just carving their own paths and ultimately we had three different lines of cars just trying to leave the lot.

A lot of the issues came down to lack of employee training and logistical planning. It's all evidence of trying to throw an event together with a very short timeline. Seemed like things were decided very impulsively, which is definitely Johnny Morris's MO.

Edit: Oh, and concession prices were ridiculous. We're talking Disneyworld prices for drinks and food. $12 beers, $16 small mixed drinks.

smith_winston_1984 t1_iqna4gn wrote

How was cell service?

Ocularis70 t1_iqne9pb wrote

AT&T's cell service was horrible. Plan on having no incoming/outgoing texts/calls.

stone500 t1_iqp2x2i wrote

I have Google Fi (t mobile) and had 5G there, no issues

dreadpirateryan13 t1_iqpjkzs wrote

I went tonight and had a really good experience, yeah the traffic was bad in and out but that's something that should've been expected and planned for. Arrived to the parking lot around 5:00, short 15 min walk to the actual concert and had a great couple opening acts and a fantastic air show. Garth was Garth and was a great performance and then left before the encore. Checked into the hotel in branson about 10:00 and have no complaints.

MartonianJ t1_iqpo7dy wrote

We parked in the Fruit Farm lot. Waited probably 45 minutes for a bus in around 5:00. Decided to make the walk back after, which took about 50 minutes. Glad we did as I think it would’ve taken longer waiting for shuttles. Garth was awesome. Stayed for everything. Epic.

sammag05 t1_iqpxlwz wrote

We waited for the busses and were on the last one. Just got to hotel @0130

TVsAtomWest t1_iquxcwg wrote

Bring my mom home, G. I miss her.

sgf-guy t1_iqp6ewj wrote

I’ve seen lots of 65 horror stories but nothing about people who used the 86 bridge route and how that that was/wasn’t a good plan.

FryMastur t1_iqz066c wrote

Just putting my two cents in. Left Republic at 4:30 didn’t get inside the venue until 7:15. Then waited 2 hours in my car in parking lot 8. Didn’t get home until 2AM. Show was good tho, logistics was terrible

TedChevy1970 t1_ir0ddg1 wrote

Mixed drinks were $16, so if you wanted to purchase and drink for yourself and your wife, with tip it would run you $35. RIDICULOUS JOHNNY MORRIS. They don't even cost you that much at Arrowhead Stadium. Last time I checked an outdoor amphitheater in Ridgedale, MO is not a club in Las Vegas... You should be ashamed for taking advantage of people, but you probably aren't.

TurtleSoup58 t1_ir4lrgv wrote

Had no idea it was THIS bad til I saw a thing on the news. They probably should’ve test drove with a smaller act. Not the 40x performer of the year or what not.

Restricted_Access_06 t1_iqnm8a9 wrote

Is Garth Brooks really worth it?

−4

sammag05 t1_iqpxnh8 wrote

Yes.