Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Jimithyashford t1_irp39w2 wrote

I have literally never been inconvenienced by any of the increasingly frequent Tesla drivers.

Maybe I’m just lucky?

When you say they “act privileged” and “act like they own the road” what do you mean? Like….not letting you merge? Or what?

Edit: I guess is should say I have never been inconvenienced by Teslas in particular, like I don’t notice bad behavior from teslas any more than just what you expect from traffic in general.

jgj570s t1_irp4m2a wrote

Me neither. I feel like this is a form of manifest destiny.

Restricted_Access_06 t1_irp1ssu wrote

If you see me in my Tesla I try to be courteous and let everyone get in when I can….but I didn’t buy one with ludicrous mode for nothing…

Kosherporkchops t1_irp35gz wrote

They’ve gone to plaid!

Restricted_Access_06 t1_irp3qlz wrote

I’m too poor for plaid. I wish I was Dark Helmet

Kosherporkchops t1_irp3yum wrote

gif

Wyldfire2112 t1_irp84sk wrote

They don't act any more like assholes than anyone else driving a car of the same price.

GuestExisting4639 t1_irpai2x wrote

I’m pretty sure you’d let jealousy dictate this post

Ozarkian_Tritip t1_irph17z wrote

LMFAO did they coal roll you? Did they do wheelies? Did they speed off down the street and swerve in and out of traffic?

Or are you just overly sensitive and aware of a single type of car?

Get over yourself

orchdork10159 t1_irprptj wrote

I, as a Springfield MO Tesla driver, would have humbly submitted myself to scrutiny with regard to this matter had you taken an ounce of effort to help others understand your perspective. If there's particular behavior or instances you could share, we'd all have a better understanding of what you're trying to communicate here. Without it, it's just complaining to the air.

Hate to say it; the air ain't listening.

blitzalchemy t1_irpsreb wrote

Personally, Ive met two tesla drivers, who are also surgeons and theyre pretty snooty or prickish. But thats also just my experience with surgeons in general. And Ive seen one Karen getting out of her car to yell at starbucks workers. Other than those few examples, i think the tesla drivers are some of the more sane. You guys actually use your blinkers. I also take more issue with coal rollers, the super loud tuner cars, and the motor cycle show offs (who are also too loud) than i do most tesla owners.

Edit: I have noticed a couple model S's that think they own the road on the highway, but they also give me more space than your typical sports car driver.

DjValence t1_isrbm4f wrote

Right? They keep asking me for mustard at stoplights too. Weirdos!

417sadboi t1_irp9uxt wrote

I unfortunately know of many teenagers around here that drive Teslas, and if there is any type of person who would act like they own the road, it's a teenager with a tesla and the parents who bought a teenager an $80-100k car

Restricted_Access_06 t1_irph17a wrote

What kind of Tesla?

Mostly all I see is older Model 3 which is at most is 60k fully loaded.

Heck my Model S wasn’t even near 100k…

−1

417sadboi t1_irpmsl3 wrote

3s, Ss, and even Xs. It's gross

Edit:Wrong letter

Restricted_Access_06 t1_irpn9a0 wrote

Sorry you feel that way.

I have yet to see a Model S or X driven by anyone younger and those are the only models close to 100k.

−3

417sadboi t1_irpt318 wrote

Well I work at a high school and I've unfortunately seen several kids who think they're someone because they're parents bought them a tesla

Restricted_Access_06 t1_irpur3x wrote

That’s strange, I go to every SPS school for job fairs and placement and have never seen a student with a Tesla.

−3

Spiritual_Dentist_54 t1_iruh4y6 wrote

I’ve never seen a Tesla do anything rude here. Pickups on the other hand!

[deleted] t1_irp2g32 wrote

[deleted]

−3

Restricted_Access_06 t1_irp410m wrote

Honestly most Tesla owners just like the features and tech.

There’s a lot better ways to show off your money in more flamboyant ways for the price such as a nice boat, a corvette or a couple watches.

Teslas are extremely bland and sterile looking inside and out.

NoVaccinesJustOilzzz OP t1_irpfoko wrote

Perhaps it is teens and to be fair the comment about people driving any vehicle of similar value seems to be accurate as well. I feel like every time I’m on the east side of town (the main area I encounter tesla drivers) either they don’t let me pull out when other people would or they go zipping around me like we’re on a race track and going the speed limit is wrong. Perhaps it’s just a coincidence.

−3

Restricted_Access_06 t1_irph7s3 wrote

Drive anywhere between glenstone and turners station on Sunshine and encounter a matte white with black wheels model S and I’ll let you into traffic. I may be driving faster than the speed limit but I’ll try to be courteous and wave at those who wave at me!

I understand the acceleration can be annoying to those without it. Trust me, it’s hard for me not notice now since there is no noise or anything, just feeling. I promise we’re not trying to annoy anyone.

−1