Submitted by Use_the_Loofah t3_y0wbmy in springfieldMO

As the title asks, I'm wondering if anyone knows of stores in town that have PS5 in stock, or if anyone knows when stores normally get new stock. I went to a couple places today and all the employees told me is that they didn't have any on hand.

I'm amazed that these are still so hard to come by for being released a couple years ago already!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jackie_wiggiwoo t1_iru93q8 wrote

Target has a bundle on their website for pickup in Branson.

Use_the_Loofah OP t1_iruc5tw wrote

Oh my goodness! Thank you for the tip, I put in the order. Edit: Unfortunately I just got an email from Target that the item is no longer available, and my order was canceled. My search shall continue.

jackie_wiggiwoo t1_irwosma wrote

Well crap! I got mine after I followed a guy with Tech Radar on Twitter. He will post every time a store has in stock. I ended up getting mine at Sams.

baconomaly t1_iru7dzq wrote

I was able to get mine through the Best Buy Total Tech program online. I cancelled my membership once my console was delivered and it only charged me 30 dollars if I remember correctly.

MartonianJ t1_irumsw6 wrote

In the lead up to Christmas last year I was able to get three at three different times through Walmart+. I think it is $15/month. Bought one for us, and two for friends.

_thedogman t1_irvu251 wrote

You’d have much better luck checking online early in the morning by like 5am if you can swing it. Most of the availability I saw was in this window. At that point you just gotta be quick. If you’re over buy Bestbuy sometimes they have them in and you just have to ask. May not be accurately represented online. (Store associate told me this)

hedy_canary t1_irvvc86 wrote

Become a GameStop pro rewards member (I think it's like $15 and they give you a $5 coupon once a month for a year). They send out emails to rewards members to let them know when the stores will have stock. We just got ours that way a couple of weeks ago.

Use_the_Loofah OP t1_irw2ym8 wrote

How long were you waiting until you were able to get one?

hedy_canary t1_irw6jsd wrote

Well, I tried for several of the sony ps5 buying events and they always sold out before I could buy. We just happened to be in Branson when Gamestop was having a ps5 pro members sale. The last email I got was for this week for pro members to get exclusive access to the PS5 at stores. It did say they would go on sale to the public on 10-15 so maybe you could happen on one then if you wanted to wait.

AIRxJ0RDANx23x t1_irx6g3k wrote

nowinstock.net and sign up for notifications. That's how I got mine.

gambinolyricsallday t1_isn0yk2 wrote

I know you said in town but since others have mentioned online options, I'd add that Sony has had them readily available through their PlayStation direct site lately. Didn't believe it when I saw it so I tried a few times over the past three weeks and each time got all the way through to order confirmation.

I'm guessing most people aren't aware that it's even an option. Not sure why the availability hasn't filtered down to physical retailers, but I'm down not to give my money to scalpers.

nuts316 t1_is63ats wrote

Amazon has a request for an invite to purchase option. Got two in 2 months through this method over the summer. Make sure you're on some waiting lists while you continue your adventures to find one. May need to be a prime member to request invite.

Use_the_Loofah OP t1_is66tn5 wrote

Yup, I've requested an invitation on both the console and the bundle edition. Hoping to find one soon!