Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

EcoAffinity t1_isq4e2x wrote

I rocked with my heat set to 65 all last winter, and BAH GAWD, I'm sticking with it

notnotpegbundy t1_isqwcrs wrote

CU raised our level pay to $275 this year. Talk about ouch when we were only paying barely 200.

Digital-Latte t1_isqx9a1 wrote

I was looking at past utilities of the house I’m buying in Springfield and I’m actually gonna save at least a hundred dollars a month on utilities over what I’m paying at my current house in a different town.

newtickled t1_isr0wq8 wrote

Past utility bills may not paint an accurate picture of your upcoming winter heating costs. CU has been telling anyone who will listen that gas rates are going to be drastically higher this year.

Fizzeek t1_isr53nn wrote

I’m excited, this is heating blanket weather!

-lurkbeforeyouleap- t1_isrg7pw wrote

Why does everyone in this town assume City Utilities is somehow banking money? They are governed by the city of Springfield. The city owns CU. They are not for profit and charges the rates needed based on the financials of the market. They cannot keep excess money, do not give employees (any of them) bonuses, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to them if they charged more than needed because they cannot keep that money. People are so confused. There may be a lot to dislike about this city, but the utility is not really the bad guy here.

If you want a better target, ask the city and the Chamber of Commerce why they keep touting low wages as the reason to bring companies to town. Why we perpetuate poverty and the working poor in this town is maddening and beyond my comprehension. These are the issues we should be chasing, in my opinion. /rant

Restricted_Access_06 t1_it4z9xb wrote

I mean, my father was on the board for years and I have contracted with CU for 10 years as an advisor but you can look on CUs website, it’s plain as day.

There is a utility oversight board that dictates laws but CU is a board governed corporation, not a public utility and it’s been that way for years. There is no “answering” to City Counsel.

−1

-lurkbeforeyouleap- t1_it4zqk8 wrote

Dude. You are mistaken. Sit through a rate discussion and learn the process. The city has to approve all the financials. CU is a municipal utility, and is government for tax purposes and uses MO LAGERS retirement. They are absolutely not a corporation. Again. Provide the citation. I have been to plenty of CU board meetings and through many rate cases.

Restricted_Access_06 t1_it531ga wrote

I’m sure you have.

But that doesn’t mean you have an understanding beyond a basic employee and have filled in the gaps with your own opinions on how things work.

When you have been in and around CU at an executive level for over 40 years we can discuss the way things work. Hell, we could even sit down with Twitty for breakfast as he’s my Godfather and go over it for you.