Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Use_the_Loofah t1_ist3to6 wrote

I have had the best luck by establishing care with a provider that allows online booking for your initial appointment. After that you can send them a message through the patient portal and they can schedule appointments without you having to call.

In the past I've also tried to call and had to leave messages with no response. It's infuriating, but knowing they recently moved office locations I would give them a bit more patience.

the_honeyman OP t1_ist48wy wrote

Well, the recent move was a factor I was unaware of, but they have historically been hard to get ahold of, they were my son's first pediatric care. Really seems like I just need to look elsewhere at this point.

phoenixrising225 t1_isyg3z2 wrote

I worked there and the constant complaint was communication. Messages not being returned or delivered to appropriate places. They’re so short staffed I doubt there is hardly anyone to even answer phones live, it always goes to voicemail.

Use_the_Loofah t1_istt8ls wrote

Yeah Cox Health is a joke, I have never had such difficulty in scheduling appointments anywhere else I've lived in the recent past. I don't know if they had become short staffed during the pandemic and just haven't recovered, but their lack of communication with patients (walk in clinics included) is infuriating.