Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Over-Peanut-1840 t1_ite78u2 wrote

Don’t go to Hibachi on Republic Rd. Just low, low quality. Not worth a try.

AmcillaSB t1_iteei93 wrote

Hinode, you mean? Their sushi has traditionally been pretty good, but their prices are through the fucking roof now, and I personally don't feel it's worth the money to go there anymore.

Over-Peanut-1840 t1_iteeovu wrote

No, Hinode is on National south of Republic Rd. Hibachi is a little place in a shopping center between Fremont and National.

Ticklism OP t1_itef58e wrote

Been to Hinode and can confirm those prices are INSANE

AshPotatoYT t1_itf6pe5 wrote

I know right! My dad and me have always loved hinode but the prices are outrageous.

Moonhwk t1_iteqh35 wrote

I disagree, mom and pop/hole in the wall place.

Worth the price difference and the grill to table at home feel.

If you don’t like what they have… either bad night or Bougie taste buds.

Over-Peanut-1840 t1_itequrh wrote

To each their own. I work very close to it, and have been there dozens of times. The quality has diminished over the years, specifically the meat. I had hibachi steak the last time I went, and I couldn’t get past 2 bites. IN MY OPINION

ehoneygut t1_itg06pe wrote

Pretty sure its the same thing as little tokyo now called misaki. And its not much different than Nakato aside from less than half the price and no show.

Mechanicallvlan t1_itgpr9y wrote

FWIW, another positive for Hibachi is that it's never very busy. I actually went there for lunch on Mother's Day once, and there were only a few tables taken. If you went to Nakato or Hinode at the same time without a reservation, the wait would be hours long.

Adorable_Pea8830 t1_itie0ar wrote

100% agreed. We used to love going to hibachi grill but overtime we noticed how bad the quality was. It’s literally great value hibachi. They use street cat instead of pure bred.