Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

VaderTower t1_iw42k9q wrote

Just time and effort. If you have the passion it can be done.

−12

jttIII t1_iw4eyg3 wrote

Lol... Why?... why is your very valid, non confrontational encouraging statement being downvoted?

−13

VaderTower t1_iw57gnk wrote

Oh who knows, this isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

It wasn't sarcasm, it wasn't poking fun, truly that statement was encouraging that we can all start organizations and affect positive change. You don't need deep pockets, you don't need social capital, all you need is positive passion to do something good, you put a crazy amount of time and effort to get donations, and get like-minded people on board.

This is the simple blueprint almost every nonprofit starts with. Have a good idea, and effort.

Edit: I love that you got downvoted for asking lol.

−1

cast_your_fate t1_iw5mye5 wrote

You’re right that oftentimes it’s a matter of “Who knows?” But in this case it seems pretty clear to me. OP asked the equivalent of, “Do you know what time it is?” And ozarkian_tritep responded with, “Time to get a watch.”

The OP lightly brushes off that shit answer, but you take it seriously with meaningless and unhelpful advice. Time, effort, and passion obviously do not always lead to success, and that is certainly unhelpful advice in this scenario where the OP probably is looking for an answer immediately since it’s COLD out there tonight and they need a place to stay. Keep your chin up, reach for the stars, never give up, and all your dreams will come true, unless that dream is not freezing to death tonight.

I don’t say all this to be a dick, but I’d put money that’s why there were downvotes.

VaderTower t1_iw5ts90 wrote

Meaningless and unhelpful advice?

OP said "if only it were that easy", my comment is about inspiring to actually make the change they want to see.

To your point if OP is looking for somewhere warm tonight I don't think they would be focused on religious v secular, but anything warm. My assumption was OP is looking for a good cause to support and/or volunteer. If I'm wrong and you're right, your comment is entirely valid. But I haven't seen any responses from OP except the one I responded to that we're discussing.

−4