Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HappyGoIdiot OP t1_iwadztx wrote

I may! My doctor said she couldn't back when I had my first one placed and it was literally the worst pain I've felt up to that point and since then. And that was with ibuprofen 2 hours before on her recommendation.

A little pinch my ass

nanavb13 t1_iwafgxo wrote

Dude, my first one was sideways when it came time to remove it, and that almost made me full on jump off the table! They love to say, "a little pinch." Liars.

HappyGoIdiot OP t1_iwafllb wrote

RIGHT. "You might feel some pressure."

Ok no instead I I think i saw Satan thanks.

igolikethis t1_iwdrdfi wrote

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt my OB HIGHLY downplayed the pain of IUD insertion. Jesus. She told me it would feel like "really bad period cramps." No it felt like my cervix was stabbed. Ibuprofen didn't do shit.

Apprehensive-Wing894 t1_iwagmyf wrote

>n't back when I had my first one placed and it was literally the worst pain I've felt up to that point and since th

That's so strange, I've dated two women that got an IUD that said it was uncomfortable but the pain was minor. I wonder what causes it to be more painful for you?

If they can't or it's too expensive to put you under perhaps they would be ok if you had some liquid courage in you before, help manage any pain during?

−9

Television_Wise t1_iwawebu wrote

>I wonder what causes it to be more painful for you?

It's more painful for some people because the uterus can be tilted. Depending on the tilt, an IUD insertion can be either "a little pinch" or molten agony.

HappyGoIdiot OP t1_iwbq4cc wrote

Oh yeah my uterus is tilted! My iud ejected a year early because of it

sheogoraths-bitch t1_iwd5hm5 wrote

Mine too! My friend who got hers before me said the pain was almost nothing, but I almost blacked out and couldn’t drive home for almost three hours. Then the after cramps almost made me get it removed.

HappyGoIdiot OP t1_iwah01x wrote

Lol that sounds like a terrible idea (puts it in the notes anyway)

Wendypeffy t1_iwcvxbq wrote

If they have a suspicion that you are inebriated to any degree any ethical doctor will refuse to treat you for an elective procedure. performing elective procedures on clients who are under the influence is malpractice.

bobone77 t1_iwaniqr wrote

No doctor is going to sign off on that. If you wait a month, a little cannabis beforehand would be easier to get away with.