Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AutoModerator t1_ix5qjio wrote

This looks like it might be a lost/found animal post because it contains the word cat. Please consider posting lost and found pet to Leigh's Lost and Found. This Facebook group has nearly 60,000 Springfield area members and is administered in partnership with the Animal Control shelter of Springfield, MO.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

−2

ErisEpicene OP t1_ix5qrir wrote

I don't have Facebook, but if someone can post him to Leigh's, I would gladly communicate with any interested parties by email.

ErisEpicene OP t1_ix6pudf wrote

Tbh that carrier wasn't going in my car without being washed. But yeah, this is an inside cat who wouldn't make it long in the wild. Even just doing the bare minimum will give it a chance. It's not any of our regular parking lot ferals, and I don't think this mild mannered baby would stand a chance in their world.

ErisEpicene OP t1_ix6zmlg wrote

UPDATE: Cat seems to have a hurt foot. I spoke with an emergency vet to get some advice. They seem to think that he can wait for morning as long as he will eat and doesn't seem too lethargic. He objected firmly to riding home with me, so I'm hoping that's a good sign for his general well-being. If he doesn't eat or gets worse, the emergency vet is right down the street from me. It would just be a very difficult bill for a found cat I can't keep.

EDIT: He ate a little and is very angry that a stranger has him in a cage alone in her spare room. I do think he'll be okay until I can get him to help tomorrow. He'll handle care better with some quality food and clean water in him.

reidict t1_ix7pusf wrote

Aw, this cat looks exactly like mine, it's a bit eerie actually. Wonder if they're related? She was abandoned at a gas station as a kitten, I guess a lot of these black and white ones need homes around here. Best of luck!

CliftonHanger13 t1_ix8cl8b wrote

Reeds Spring , the Humane Society there has a Cat House and Is definitely a no kill facility. Thanks for being kind and good luck .

ModernNancyDrew t1_ix8dp8f wrote

Wild Blue Cats is a no-kill shelter. Thank you for caring for this cat!

SpaceCadet_Captain t1_ix8yuam wrote

I saved a cat in June that was dumped at a hotel as well. He was also a tuxedo. Sadly he just passed away from illness. I don't know if people are dumping the cats at the hotels or if residents with cats are just leaving them behind when they check out. Either way, there tends to be a lot of cats around this hotel.

Tshuck89 t1_ix98607 wrote

If we still lived in Springfield we would adopt him but we are in Alaska now. Hope the kitty goes to a wonderful home.

Dry-Calligrapher5271 t1_ixa05e9 wrote

lol all these comments

Agent Bear, do not kill the cat. I repeat, do NOT kill the cat, over.

Good ol Missourah

ErisEpicene OP t1_ixbqvmv wrote

Okay FINAL UPDATE, THIS STORY GOT MORE COMPLICATED:

This cat, also known as Do Right (?) was not at all associated with the guest who stayed in the room in which the cat was found. He belonged to a completely different, totally unrelated guest staying in another room. The guest from the room in which the cat was found purposely left a soiled cat carrier to be thrown away and accidentally left some litter. He came back today to show me his cat and clear his name so he didn't get banned from our hotel. The cat in question, mister Do Right, slipped past his owners to get outside without their knowledge. Now here is where the drama started: finding himself shut out of his room, he wandered down to an open room with housekeepers (familiar ladies he had met before) and cat supplies. The housekeepers, finding a cat in a room with some gnarly, used cat supplies, assumed it was an abandoned cat with abandoned cat supplies. That's when they brought him to me. The guests to whom he belongs did not realize he was missing until late last night and had to check out this morning. But they stopped by the lobby and described the cat to my manager and left contact info. I was able to get in touch with them and HE HAS BEEN REUNITED WITH HIS FAMILY! They were able to describe him in detail. I had a vet appt for him tomorrow to get him checked out (we were considering fostering or even keeping him if our housing management would let us just register him and start paying pet rent) and they intend to keep it just on principle because he was out of their care for a while I made sure they knew he had been favoring his right front paw for a while last night. So, crazy story, but HAPPY ENDING!