Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

VaderTower t1_ixml9ik wrote

Pretty much anything would be better than rodent infested, condemned, falling down building. Even just grass.

But seriously now, is retail a bad thing downtown? If anything I don't think we have enough retail down there actually selling and keeping people walking around. Maybe 10 shops regularly open at most for retail sales?

Second space is at a premium in denser neighborhoods, because of that if you think you can get the same bed/bath and square footage as somewhere not as dense, it's not practical. So yeah lofts downtown are probably +20% for the same apartment size you'd get on Kansas and Sunshine, but the land bought to turn into lofts is likely more than 20% more downtown anyways.

helloporator t1_ixmle1q wrote

Retail is good but I feel like it’s just been failing boutiques aside from the food places down there for a while Edit: sp

VaderTower t1_ixmm8ut wrote

Yeah boutiques seem like the only ones who had been able to sustain the model downtown. But most have left for greener pastures.

I would love to see more options, but I don't know how you create the draw. I'm confident the downtown association has talked this to death but I'm still not sure how we get there.

helloporator t1_ixmmj42 wrote

Neither am I Here’s to hoping they do something that we can have last there! I will say I’m so glad bosky’s has been doing well there

VaderTower t1_ixocjza wrote

Same, I'm happy for it as well. Visited a few times now, those potato fries have to be the #1 I've had outside of maybe steak escape from the 90s.