Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Phraenk t1_iyy3f99 wrote

They are a large chain and I’m assuming based on consistency that they pay the kitchen well.

EcoAffinity t1_iyy7exk wrote

Aren't they owned by the same company as Cheddar's? Also another relatively cheap restaurant with food I enjoy (those chicken tenders).

virtualwolff t1_iyyjdnr wrote

I believe they are owned by Cheddar's

crdawson91 t1_iyzozf6 wrote

They are not owned by Cheddar’s. The menu is almost an exact replica in some aspects, and some previous managers from Cheddar’s work there now.. but not the same company at all. Cheddar’s is owned by Darden. Darden owns Longhorn and Olive Garden as well. FDs is a small chain restaurant owned by someone who also used to work for Cheddar’s.. hence the menu similarities.

Source: I’m a Cheddar’s manager.

RockemChalkemRobot t1_iz04t3k wrote

Your boss also owns FDs.

−5

the_honeyman t1_iz0f287 wrote

I would think the managers would know better than you...and they do.

Same family started the franchise, but it's a different franchisee.

Edit: not to mention Cheddar's was sold to Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden) in 2017. Explains why their quality has gone waaaaay downhill.

RockemChalkemRobot t1_iz0izx5 wrote

Except Gene is like family to me. And his ex-wife is the one who owns them. But I wouldn't expect you to know all of that or how their divorce shook out.

Why_T t1_iz1ht8n wrote

Oh yeah‽ my uncle works for Nintendo.

the_honeyman t1_iz0k3ck wrote

So then you should know Greg is the member of the Cheddar's family, who provided the license to Gene Marsh, who is the majority owner of FD's. All easily verified public information.

Edit to add: Lmao. Cheddar's has been owned by Olive Garden (Darden Restaurants) since 2017.

RockemChalkemRobot t1_iz0kvk3 wrote

She owns the franchise and he owns the land. All part of the separation. Argue all you want.