Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sgf-guy t1_j0jop39 wrote

I say this as someone who used to work between JRF and Republic on 60…but lived by Bass Pro…it’s 8 miles one way to not even be in republic. I was still 10 minutes away from “downtown republic” with lights and traffic.

You could easily chew up over a half hour or more each way depending on your end and beginning points plus fuel and wear and tear. 3 days a week? Ehh, ok. More? Unless it’s like your family getting your hired at a bank in Republic there are dozens in SGF much closer that prob pay the same and will be much more convenient. You have a large time span between now and then and if you are local or could visit for a couple days I would do some exploring and driving to figure some logistics and realities out.

jazzylunatic OP t1_j0m35fn wrote

I’ve been working with my bank for over a year and I feel very tightly knit into the work family. I honestly love the environment so much I don’t really want to go anywhere else. If it’s too inconvenient I may start looking for other employment opportunities, but until I get my bearings I’ll probably stay working at republic. I appreciate your advice though