Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NotATroll1234 t1_j22j8ym wrote

A few years back, I was heading north on Campbell, and was going to turn left at the intersection of Sunshine. I was in the turn lane that would put me on the outer/north lane of Sunshine. The car in the other turn lane decides, as the light changes, "ya know what, never mind" and just continues north, sideswiping my car. Riding shotgun was a family member who had been in a catastrophic crash about a year prior, and their condition was still precarious. A sudden shock like that could have severely aggravated their healing injuries, so I was livid. I was able to get a license plate while they called 911. I pulled over, an officer met us and took statements, and one of their friends took them to the hospital. I was later informed that the driver was uninsured, and driving on a suspended license. Thankfully, my family member was not seriously hurt, and the damage to my car was minimal. Take the L, pull into one of the parking lots down the road, and turn around. Stop putting people at risk.