Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DebbieDunnbbar t1_j13mk29 wrote

I’m not disagreeing. Dogs can do that shit even when raised in a great environment.

But it’s hard to know what pit bull apologists mean by “irresponsible” (and the goal posts probably move on that anyway). Some people, like the guy below, it apparently means abusing the shit out of your dog. Others it seems to mean shit like not having a tall fence for your giant pit bull. The only consistent thing is they will never admit certain breeds are prone to this shit.

Ryanqzqz t1_j13n002 wrote

Agreed! On all points!

I mean, my father-in-law used to train Malinois for police work and SAR... are they inherently aggressive? No? Are they inherently able to be made aggressive with a higher propensity than some other breeds? Yes.

A lot of it has to do with activity drive. But most dog owners don't have time for that - and if you leave a dog with high activity drive to its own devices, it's going to find things to do - and those will be dog-centric and dog-oriented things... and funnily enough, that doesn't always line up with the kinds of behavior we humans want from our furry companions!