Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Professional_Move212 t1_j15lhkn wrote

Don't blame the breed of dog. There are several other breeds actually proven to be more dangerous... The blame should be the way they are raised,cared for and loved. Had owned and raised several for over 25 years. Never and I mean never had any trouble. Really hate to hear about anyone getting hurt.

−13

joydivision84 t1_j164t2g wrote

There is absolute no breed of dog with the statistical highs of dog attacks and deaths in the United States. You can do all the research in the world and this fact will come back time and time, like it or not I'm afraid. From academic research to police reports.

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/dog-attack-statistics-by-breed/

Much like Collies often try and herd people by instinct (even if they've never been in a field before), or that terriers are more 'yappy', and Chihuahuas like to go under covers and use there arms to get attention, pit bulls like any other dogs are led by instincts.

Instincts are reinforced by breeding and the tasks given to them by humans, pit bulls have often been bred to fight, protect and guard, thus they are naturally more aggressive dogs, PLUS the high provocation from some owners lead to them being by far the most dangerous breed in the US. But to say they are only aggressive due to owners I'm afraid is just incorrect, it may not be 'their fault', but breeding and instincts have led them to have a higher rate of aggression than any other breed.

Environmental_Big802 t1_j1b32g9 wrote

My god, do you know how to read? Every single source imaginable will tell you that pitbulls are vastly more responsible for deaths and mauling than any other breed. So how would that not make them the most dangerous?