Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kernelpanic789 t1_j2yoqgl wrote

You guys still shop at Best Buy?!

No-Rush7406 t1_j304uys wrote

Some of their product replacement plans are absolutely worth it and hassle free

Always_0421 t1_j32fwa0 wrote

Same, last time we bought a washer and drier that was the deciding factor.

Mechanicallvlan t1_j2yx56o wrote

I very rarely enter the store, but I buy from them occasionally. Best Buy had a great system in place that allowed me to actually buy a PS5 within days of launch, unlike other shitty retailers that made it impossible and/or bundled the system with $500 of other shit that I didn't want to buy. Even Sony's own queue system was arguably worse, and I had already failed through that several times. You can get Tidal subscriptions through Best Buy almost for free, and I don't think there is anywhere else to do that (although that doesn't require visiting the store). They sometimes have good deals on movies, games, gift cards, and various other crap, mostly in November. I hardly bought anything from them in 2022, but I bought more in 2021 and prior years. I think it has been a little over a year since I actually went inside the store.

Branson1288 t1_j30fdi6 wrote

Absolutely. When I need stuff that day and don’t have the patience to order online they’re the only place in town.

Globalksp t1_j306f0x wrote

They’ll price match most all competitors and allow me to pickup same day. They’ll also take back anything and have open box / returned items for sale on-the-floor which I haven’t seen at any other electronics store.

Edit: after reading the other comments, seems there aren’t any more products on the shelves??

Cold417 t1_j2zbccq wrote

I try to but they sure do make it hard.

−2

dead_wit_laugh t1_j2ynpcw wrote

I worked there '97-'99 and I went in before Christmas. I couldn't identify a single landmark to help anchor my memories except for the customer service desk. Products are laminated pieces of paper that say "give this to a Blue Shirt to receive item". I guess it's a shrink stopping move but there is something so impersonal/demeaning about being merely a "Blue Shirt". I just walked out and amazon'd what I needed.

snorlaxatives_69 OP t1_j2ynxtw wrote

Can’t be a shrink stoppage because a lot of product was not spider locked. I know that never stopped anyone before. But yeah, I didn’t get that warm cozy Best Buy feeling when I went in last week.

PalPubPull t1_j2z4dme wrote

While I will say I never went into best buy feeling warm and comfortable, I also went in last week and felt uncomfortable. However they had a (cheap) product I needed and couldn't find elsewhere, and the only blue shirts I found were four of them socializing and felt uncomfortable disrupting, and couldn't find the product, so went outside and ordered it online to pick up in a new outdoor locker system they apparently have that would be ready an hour later. I got to the store and they gave me instructions to pick up at the counter.

Great experience.

Spiffy_Dude t1_j2yztxi wrote

My guess is that it’s to give them an opportunity to upsell you or get you to buy more accessories.

Cloud_Disconnected t1_j2yo1as wrote

What did they do? Last time I was in there it looked like a Verizon store had a baby with Sharper Image and it was a botched delivery.

lightsrage85 t1_j4615uq wrote

lol really bia playing with stuff all the time. me and a friend. we set off an alarm by stoves. this was like in 2010 or somethin no 2011 but yeah I was all what does this switch do and it started making all this noise.

red_baa_ron t1_j30ha2z wrote

The home theater/hifi section is much improved, though. Great place to kill some time while the wife is at TJ Maxx.

ArtisticTomatillo106 t1_j2zn4il wrote

I only get stuff from best buy because with good credit it's a better version of rent-a-center. Just wait till they have the 24months interest free and boom 85 inch open box for 1100 bucks.

Imactuallyadogg t1_j2zkx4a wrote

I bought my pc online and picked it up there.

Poshy2005 t1_j35hfay wrote

The movie section is gone. It’s so much smaller. Ever since the make up store took up part of what Best Buy used to be it just sad.

lightsrage85 t1_j461afe wrote

I know they had the apple watch I wondered about going in there and getting it on a payment plan. not sure though my credit sucks. but its a thought. I really need to get my hands on the series eight and not having the best of luck finding a payment plan with my credit.