Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MappingClouds t1_j3yljuu wrote

You can’t sit down because it’s a walk up shop by my family really likes Sweet Emotions that’s downtown https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/missouri/quirkiest-ice-cream-shop-mo/amp/

carrndriver t1_j432g1l wrote

Totally agree, and we'll be able to sit down soon as they're opening a store front around the corner. It's oatmilk ice cream, and it's the best! It's also vegan and I believe at least mostly gluten free.

MappingClouds t1_j4374zu wrote

I didn’t know they were getting a full store. That’s awesome.

ibenx t1_j43c2mg wrote

I heard rumours of the space next door to Black sheep on Walnut.

faatherton t1_j3z6uw7 wrote

Culture Counter

jackie_wiggiwoo t1_j3zaf3r wrote

Yes! This is mine and my son’s favorite place!

Bootdaddy247 t1_j41v1uu wrote

They make it from scratch. I used to be the ice cream maker there and my recipes were top notch.

Cold417 t1_j3ytvlm wrote

Custard: Andy's

Ice Cream: Braum's

Frozen Treat: Pineapple Whip

NotBatman81 t1_j3zmwfn wrote

The best ice cream isn't ice cream. Maes.

cbduck t1_j404br2 wrote

When I visited early this summer, I was super impressed with Mae's. Loved that place, I really hope they do well.

Glam-Breakfast t1_j3z65zw wrote

There aren’t any noteworthy straight up ice cream places in Springfield proper that aren’t chains. Andy’s is the main game in town and that’s custard so not really the same thing.

THAT BEING SAID if you are willing to drive for a little bit there is an ice cream shop and cafe in Ash Grove called Maple Lane. Their ice cream is fantastic and their waffle cones bring a tear to my eye. They only have like eight to ten flavors but everything I’ve had there has been the best actual ice cream I’ve ever had.

Depending on where in Springfield you are located it’s probably thirty minutes away? It’s worth the drive though

[deleted] OP t1_j3z7i6p wrote

Custard. And it's Andy's.

417spacewizard t1_j438l4p wrote

Papaw's Kookies & Kream Ice Cream Parlor in Strafford

Golden3ye t1_j3z5c9a wrote

Belafonte from Walmart

−1

Low_Tourist t1_j3ykqgk wrote

Baskin Robbins has THE BEST ice cream. Braum's is next.

Coldstone is fun for the novelty factor, but I, personally, don't think their ice cream is that good.

−5

J_712 t1_j3yiibt wrote

Coldstone

−7