Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bit1101 t1_j8soydg wrote

They should be grateful that people who can afford to invest in their own cost-saving and energy security, do?

They should be grateful that a side effect of this is that their own lack of energy security in the wealthiest country in the world is reduced?

Textbook Texan.

New_Ad2992 t1_j8tismu wrote

And you’re the Patron Saint of Solar Energy or something?

−1

JustWhatAmI t1_j8sskk8 wrote

Cool your jets. All are welcome in the renewables tent

−2

texasauras t1_j8squ31 wrote

Plenty of people with the means aren't adopting solar or renewables at a personal level. Furthermore, lacking energy security isn't a side effect of people adopting solar at home. Not sure what your agenda is, but it's not based on sound logic or reason.

−10

bit1101 t1_j8stjbs wrote

>Plenty of people with the means aren't adopting solar or renewables at a personal level.

I guess they should be grateful for your adoption as well.

>Furthermore, lacking energy security isn't a side effect of people adopting solar at home.

I didn't say it was or even anything that could reasonably be construed as such

>Not sure what your agenda is, but it's not based on sound logic or reason.

I've seen that quote about arguing with idiots. I was never trying to convince you of anything. I'm just mocking your self-aggrandising delusion.

texasauras t1_j8sv3x4 wrote

I wouldn't consider this an argument, as you've not said anything with substance. Glad I could entertain you for a few minutes, you should be grateful for that.

−5

bit1101 t1_j8sxht5 wrote

I'm glad that you wouldn't consider this an argument after I just refused to argue and simply mocked your delusional, self-aggrandising perspective.

Why pay tax to improve state energy security when you can just improve your own and convince yourself that others should be grateful for your contribution to yourself? 👍

texasauras t1_j8t00th wrote

You like to repeat yourself, seems like a defense mechanisms when lacking anything meaningful to say.

It's funny you think people with solar can opt out of taxes or circumvent paying their fair share when it comes to energy infrastructure. On the contrary, you can rest assured local utilities are doing everything they can to disincentivise the use of solar, by reducing purchase rates and tacking on all kinds of extra fees. Try spending more time educating yourself on topics you want to debate, otherwise you run the risk of boring those you're trying to impress.

−5

bit1101 t1_j8t36wf wrote

You seem to like throwing out strawmen like I think people can avoid taxes, which may impress other idiots looking to win something.

I am satisfied mocking the pedestal you've conceived for yourself.

MountainMoments t1_j8tqky3 wrote

This was one of the funniest comment threads I've read in a while. Thanks for that haha. And seriously the rod up texasauras's butt must have a rod up its butt. Text book whiner who cannot follow the plot of a conversation when it's literally narrated to him.

Verrico t1_j8ts5v0 wrote

I copy and pasted all your comments in this thread into chatGPT and asked it to critique you. Lmao

“Overall, these comments are dismissive and sarcastic, and lack constructive engagement with the topic at hand. The commenter seems to be defensive and may not have fully understood the point being made.

Firstly, the initial comment "Not true, in these parts we don't wait for government to do everything for us" seems to be a strawman argument, as the original point being made was not about waiting for the government to do everything, but rather the need for a comprehensive energy infrastructure that provides reliable and sustainable energy for everyone.

The commenter then goes on to brag about their personal use of solar power, while also accusing others of not doing enough. This tone comes off as condescending and unhelpful.

Moreover, the claim that using solar energy frees up power and resources for those who can't is not necessarily true, as the energy infrastructure is not that simple. The commenter is also dismissive of the original point that lack of energy security is a serious issue, and may not be aware of the challenges that come with relying solely on solar power.

The commenter's response to the rebuttal seems to be defensive and unproductive, with more sarcastic remarks and personal attacks. They accuse the other person of lacking education, without actually engaging with the substance of the rebuttal.

Lastly, the commenter's claim that local utilities are disincentivizing the use of solar by reducing purchase rates and adding extra fees may have some truth, but it is a very simplistic view of the situation. There are many factors at play, including the need to maintain and upgrade the energy infrastructure, and provide reliable energy for everyone, not just those who can afford solar panels.

In conclusion, the comments lack substance and a constructive engagement with the topic at hand, and instead, are dismissive, sarcastic, and defensive.”

texasauras t1_j8txs68 wrote

Oh wow, that's awesome and the best part of this dialogue. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together and post it here!

Hotchillipeppa t1_j8terjt wrote

Bored today are we? Just insulting random people on the internet is fun is guess?

−6