Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tloxscrew t1_j8z3dlb wrote

Again, it's not that my work is more real or more important. It is more demanding on hardware and means of input than 99% of others' work. It is not possible to perform a large part of it on a normal computer, even less on a Mac. I have to have a stylus. And since Macs don't provide any of those modern means of input, they are in the same league like Chromebooks or a Switch. Unworkable. And that is not pro, and not premium, and certainly not even good.

I wish it was so simple, but it's impossible to do my work on a Mac. I can do it halfway, I can probably do parts on an iPad, but it's all just... substandard, since an iPad is not a real machine. I would die in shame if I had to present a half-done project because I had to do it in an Apple environment.

And that generalized nationalistic bullshit, you can stick that up your ass.

And that pedestral? Hard to step down if you're called up over and over. I hate suits and I hate galas and award ceremonies, I'm just good at shitting on others' work and making them do better. And I have the knowledge, the experience, the guts and the equipment to do some things accurately and down to spec on a whim.

What do you contribute to this world, kid? With your Mac that you're so proud of?