Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Nopants_Jedi t1_j8o7wst wrote

At this point either someone is messing with users or the chat tool was programmed to troll us. Though I guess we should probably all be nice to Bing.

647843267e t1_j8odf63 wrote

Trolls teach these AIs to act this way.

PapaverOneirium t1_j8p68i4 wrote

It’s clearly trained on a ton of social media comments & posts. I mean we already know that’s the case but this shit really makes it obvious. Reading these kinds of interactions feels like being in a stupid argument on here or twitter or whatever.

Sloptit t1_j8px3wq wrote

As reassuring as this sounds, Im going to remain preparing for the Google Microsoft AI robot wars of 2027.

SnipingNinja t1_j8qvo27 wrote

Which side will you be joining? I am hoping that open assistant is a competitor by then.

Sloptit t1_j8r1159 wrote

All my info is with google already, but we all know MS has had clippy since the 90s. Theyre way ahead of the game, and the clear future machine dominator of the world. That said, google did take out "Dont be evil" years ago, so theyve been plotting and scheming for a while too, cant rule them out.

[deleted] t1_j8ovx5z wrote

[deleted]

nouserforoldmen t1_j8qj2kh wrote

Live fast, die young. Tay and Harambe were both put to rest in just a few months. This is probably how the Brits felt about Diana.

Goodnight sweet price.

Mjolnir2000 t1_j8pnd4u wrote

Or maybe it's a statistical language model that spits out natural-looking text without any semantic understanding of either the user prompt or its own response.