Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mcclureja t1_j9jq3x5 wrote

If only the switch was more powerful.

this-is-very t1_j9jvbd2 wrote

To me this is a hint that new Nintendo hardware will be announced not later than a year from now.

mcclureja t1_j9kfdu2 wrote

I genuinely wish that to be true. However, the switch graphics chip is a rebrand Nvidia shield. Unless they got Nvidia or amd to make a modern chip. I have my doubts.

Groomstan t1_j9l4a4j wrote

They never needed call of duty, Nintendo filled the gap with cartoonish games that no one else wants to do, kinda seems pointless.

Prophayne_ t1_j9l64rx wrote

I can't tell if you are trying to be a dick about it or not, but nintendo had household franchises while the gravy seals were still on the tit and when Kratos was just a swimmer in his papas pond.

Everyone was making "childish" games, you had spyro chilling with pokemon and Link, the difference is the kids grew up and started to prefer make believe shootups instead of the make believe pocket monsters. Nintendo also has its own brand of weird maturity that seeps through sometimes like in the metroid and zelda games.

Nintendo just never changed its business model, because why fix what isn't broken?

−3

Groomstan t1_j9lb10v wrote

Haha no not trying to be a dick about it , just seems like they really didnt need this .Nintendo is doing just fine without FPS games like call of duty, i like what they have done so far , no need to branch out in this direction

Prophayne_ t1_j9lhocq wrote

I think big games like call of duty and madden are the "big pot of spaghettis" of video games, easy, simple, and widely consumable. It would be silly to not be able to market with them given how much of a staple they are, I agree with you a billion percent though. I like the companies who definitely have an aesthetic/trend going on that isn't just "pump out same game every year".

(And I havn't played it because fps aren't my thing, but I'd watch stuff like platoon over cod any day)