Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RevolutionaryMove357 t1_j8mwgwg wrote

Just like older vehicles too. I want something I can work on and that I’m familiar with. I don’t want bad sensors or faulty wiring harnesses getting in the way of me troubleshooting and fixing the problem. I don’t need power windows; heated and cooled seats; 97 position seats with memory for all the family; a radio with satellite, internet, and Bluetooth; or power mirrors and running boards. I just need a dependable piece of equipment that does it’s job, which is work. I don’t need pre-programmed features that will farm for me, the way some programmer thinks it should (FYI, I appreciate the hell out of what programmers do and respect the position).

stupidusername t1_j8nfi9b wrote

It may be complicated, but there's almost no repair you need to make on a BMW for instance that requires only BMW perform the work. There are many BMW certified mechanics able to purchase BMW parts use BMW specialty tools and ultimately fix your BMW.

Contrast this with John Deere, who require even the smallest of repairs be done only at a John Deere facility, which are often hundreds of miles away for these farmers and that exacerbates the problem