Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SeaweedSorcerer t1_j9l6exd wrote

That would just change the problem from one person to the other. Fundamentally AirTags are a broken experience for any situation that involves two or more humans.

1800TurdFerguson t1_j9l6t77 wrote

No, it’s not, if they’re on a family account.

−5

SeaweedSorcerer t1_j9l6yf1 wrote

Have you tried that? AirTags are the one thing not shareable via family.

1800TurdFerguson t1_j9l79vp wrote

From the fucking article:

> My partner and I could always open a Family Sharing iCloud, or a joint account that connects our devices. If we did that, I would unlock an option to cancel notifications for Rosie’s AirTag. We currently have separate accounts, though, and aren’t interested in fully merging our clouds.

Crazym00s3 t1_j9lzu2s wrote

Doesn’t help me, my phone is a work phone so I cannot invite my kids to family sharing. Every time I travel in the car with them and their AirPods my phone tells me someone is stalking me.

SeaweedSorcerer t1_j9l9l0q wrote

That only solves half of the problem: No matter what they do exactly one account can track Rosie.

Though I’m confused why they are hesitant to turn on family sharing. As far as I can tell it’s all upside.

project3way t1_j9m20fd wrote

I don’t think you’ve ever used an Apple family account with shared devices if you’re saying this. It’s not possible. It’s annoying as hell too when my wife think her car keys are stalking her because we share vehicles