Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DuFFman_ t1_je2ldi8 wrote

Tesla going to get consumed by real car manufacturers within 10 years. They made a cool electric car. They haven't made a good car yet though.

Badfickle t1_je3qbsx wrote

That's why survey after survey Tesla is at or near the top in owner satisfaction.

DuFFman_ t1_je3s7yn wrote

Ya, great cult of personality the Tesla culture has.

Badfickle t1_je4taku wrote

peak reddit.

Yes. You know better than the people who actually own the cars. If the people who own the cars have an opinion different than yours they must be in a cult. I hate to break it to you but most car buyers don't give a crap one way or the other about Musk.

02Alien t1_je2p0hq wrote

Tesla's are fantastic cars. Great build quality and great performing. And all the tech inside them

−1

DuFFman_ t1_je2pib7 wrote

Tesla's have been rated the lowest build quality of all manufacturers for the last 5+ years. Their fit and finish is terrible. And I would know, my job is automotive assembly.

pulse14 t1_je2vbi3 wrote

Check again. Last year, Consumer Reports ranked Tesla above Volkswagen, Mercedes, Jeep, and GM. New models are always unreliable and improve over time. Most of the non-Tesla EVs are now at the bottom of the list, because they are new models.

DuFFman_ t1_je2z2mk wrote

>Models from Tesla Motors, which leads the market in EV sales, continue to have issues with body hardware, steering and suspension, paint and trim and climate system. The Model 3 has average reliability, while other Telsa models – including the S, Y and X – are below average.

As I said. Fit and finish sucks on a Tesla. Right from CR.

pulse14 t1_je33ud3 wrote

You said they had the lowest build quality. Their best selling model is now average compared to all vehicles and the best for an EV. That's pretty impressive considering its massive ramp up in production.

DuFFman_ t1_je35f4i wrote

As a collective score between their 4 categories, one of which is safety. I'm talking strictly fit and finish. Their build quality is not good.

02Alien t1_je2xzmn wrote

FACTS yes Tesla had some build quality issues, with EARLY models. They've ironed most of it out and have great build quality now

Source: have driven a new model 3 many times

Badfickle t1_je3qeqb wrote

That's an old talking point. Model 3 has the second highest reliability rating of any ev.

−1

DuFFman_ t1_je3s3yo wrote

I didn't say reliability. I said fit and finish.

Badfickle t1_je4th9b wrote

you said build quality which in part comes down to reliability.

Few-Swordfish-780 t1_je2rbbj wrote

They are crap. Everything about them is made to be as cheap as possible. They are the Lada of EVs.

−1